Country Inn & Suites Washington DC East - Capitol Heights, MD.
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Capitol Heights
Reviewed 28 August 2013

I traveled 4 hours and I needed a place to finally rest. My friend decided to stay at the Country & suites in Capitol Heights, Maryland. Since it was a "spur of the moment" thing I didn't have high hopes for luxury. I was impressed with the cleanliness of the hotel and it didn't have that "hotel smell" I had a great night sleep and I just love those pillows. But my favorite part of the experience was in the morning when I was 10 minutes late for breakfast. The staff was friendly and courteous and allowed me and my friends to have breakfast... I think we'll stay another night. :-)

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank sylviakb1
There are newer reviews for Country Inn & Suites Washington DC East - Capitol Heights, MD.

Reviewed 23 August 2013 via mobile

I really enjoyed my stay at the Country Inn! Excellent managent and staff! You have gained another loyal customer! I will recomend this hotel to everyone! I was truly amazed at the hospitality that me and my family received! It is greatly appreciated!

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 6 July 2013

I had the most wonderful experience with Country Inn & Suites during a trying time in my life. On June 30, 2013 I lost my brother. I contacted William Ragon (Manager) and explained my situation. He had great compassion and with minutes found 21 rooms for my family who were traveling from all over the country to participate in my brother’s Home Going Services. The staff during our staff was warm and very and provided us with everything that we need in our hour of sorrow. I live in Upper Marlboro, MD and I will be using this hotel again for my family reunion in August this year.
I truly want to thank the staff of Country Inn & Suites.

Demetrice T. Brown Sr.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Leon C, Manager at Country Inn & Suites Washington DC East - Capitol Heights, MD., responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2013

Thank you so much for your review! We truly aim to please our guests, and it is always wonderful when our hard work gets noticed. We hope you will choose our hotel again.

Reviewed 26 June 2013 via mobile

I was on vacation and not familiar with the dc area..I booked the room using my hotel points with country inn ans suites. The area the hotel was in was a little different than hotels I normally book. The area surrounding the hotel only had fast food places. Up the street and waaay around the corner was Fed Ex field so you would think there would be some restaurants around but there was not. When I checked in the staff was great a guy even went upstairs to see if there was a room ready prior to check in. The room was spacious it was a suite. The only issue was the sink drained really slow. The morning breakfast was wonderful the lady who worked there actually made from scratch biscuits..I had 4 or 5. I don't really eat sausage gravy so what I had to eat was pretty limited to biscuits and orange juice. They had juices,bagels, toast, mini blueberry muffins, hot oatmeal, eggs, biscuits and sausage gravy, yogurt and a waffle machine. All staff I encountered including someone who I think may have been the manager were all very nice.

• Stayed: June 2013
Leon C, Manager at Country Inn & Suites Washington DC East - Capitol Heights, MD., responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2013

Thank you for your review of our hotel. It is always wonderful to hear that our staff made our guests feel welcome. We absolutely pride ourselves on our friendliness, and we appreciate the acknowledgement. We apologize for the issue with your sink, and hope you will choose to stay with us again!

Reviewed 22 April 2013

I booked the room through Hotwire where the hotel was listed as being nonsmoking. When I got there the room they assigned reeked of cigarettes which you could smell when exiting the elevator. I complained and the clerk put me in a different room, but when I returned from dinner he said I had to back to the smoking room. He claimed the manager chewed him out and threatened to fire him if I was still in the new room the next morning. He even had a security guard there to escort me to the smoking room and I was told if I didn't move to the smoking room I would be escorted off the premises. He couldn't even refund my money because I booked it on Hotwire. It didn't matter to them that they were in the wrong by advertising as a 100% smoke free hotel but were allowing smoking on part of the third floor, confirmed by the hotel security guard and the ashtrays that were present in the rooms. I had to scramble to find a room for the night.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Travelmom204
Leon C, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Washington DC East - Capitol Heights, MD., responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2013

Thank you for your review of our hotel. We sincerely apologize for the confusion in your room booking. We are currently working with Hotwire to clear up the discrepancy in their listings, and assure you that you will not be charged for the booking at our hotel. We apologize for the mixup, and all of our employees will be properly trained to ensure this doesn't happen again.

Leon Chittams
Country Inn & Suites

Reviewed 21 April 2013

We stayed in this hotel for one night while my daughter had a basketball tournament. I have no complaints, we have stayed in Country Inns in the past an this one did not disappoint . We had a king studio with king bed an sleeper sofa. The bed was very comfortable with nice linens. The room had a fridge, microwave coffee pot and flat screen tv. Bathroom was spacious an clean with curved shower rod. The hotel has as small indoor pool an hot tub that the girls enjoyed. Breakfast was good, waffles, sausage, eggs , potatoes, cereals, juices, fresh fruit, bagels etc. This hotel is off the interstate and is located in a shopping center. The parking out front is well lit . It is very close to Fed Ex field. There is a little area in the lobby with chairs, sofa and computer for guests to use. Also free Wifi. I would stay here again

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank BeachGirly58
Leon C, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Washington DC East - Capitol Heights, MD., responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2013

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. It is through our guests that we truly see the return on our hard work. We are glad you enjoyed your stay, and hope you will choose us again, maybe for a Redskins game!

Leon Chittams

Reviewed 28 March 2013

We're surprised at previous reviews of this hotel,because we found all of the staff of this hotel to be most friendly and accommodating...more so than in other Country Inn and Suites we've stayed in. Location is excellent ..right off I-95 and 8 or 9 miles from Washington DC. Rooms are large, and clean, and, again, all staff were most helpful, even checking with us every day to make sure everything was OK with our accommodations. The only minor down-side was that we stayed there during the week of Spring school break, and every day, the hotel had one or two busloads of vacationing students, with parents/chaperones staying there, so the noise level at times was higher than usual, but that's not anything that would keep us from staying there again.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Leon C, Manager at Country Inn & Suites Washington DC East - Capitol Heights, MD., responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2013

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. We work hard to ensure our staff offers the very best in customer service. We actually hold numerous training sessions for our employees on customer service, 2 of which we had just last week. It is wonderful to see that our dedication is paying off. We hope that you will choose to stay with us again.

Country Inn & Suites Capitol Heights, MD

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Largo/Washington DC
Extended Stay America - Washington, DC - Landover
Holiday Inn Express I-95 Beltway-Largo
Residence Inn Largo Capital Beltway

Been to Country Inn & Suites Washington DC East - Capitol Heights, MD.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Country Inn & Suites Washington DC East - Capitol Heights, MD.

Address: 8850 Hampton Mall Dr N, Capitol Heights, MD 20743-3817 (Formerly FairBridge Inn & Suites)
Region: United States > Maryland > Capitol Heights
Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Spa Suites Wheelchair access
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Capitol Heights
Price Range: £57 - £124 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Country Inn & Suites Washington DC East - Capitol Heights, MD. 2.5*
This hotel located nearby FedEx Field features 74 guestrooms and suites, newly remodeled with a modern decor. Free breakfast, free WiFi in public areas, and free self parking are also provided. Other amenities include, a 24-hour business center, and coffee/tea in the lobby. Room Amenities; All rooms provide free WiFi and free wired Internet, flat-screen TVs with digital channels, and conveniences like refrigerators and microwaves. Other amenities available to guests include coffee makers, free weekday newspapers, and free local calls. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Country Inn & Suites Washington DC East - Capitol Heights, MD. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Country Inn & Suites Capitol Heights Hotel Capitol Heights