“I would not choose this hotel”

La Quinta Inn & Suites DC Metro Capitol Beltway
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Capitol Heights
Reviewed 25 May 2013

We stayed at this hotel with a large group, which made the reservations. The hallway (2nd floor) smelled like urine, and our room smelled like cigarette smoke. There were cigarette burns everywhere in the bedding, furniture and carpeting. The furniture was beat up and written on. If you plan on plugging in your cell phone, laptop, etc to charge them, good luck. There are only enough plugs for the lights, tv and fridge so you have to unplug stuff to plug your stuff in. Somehow the hotel "uncoded" all of our keycards (two floors) two nights in a row. The neighborhood did not seem all that safe either. It was a good thing that we only spent about 6 hours here each day.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Kristen S
Gabriela E, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites DC Metro Capitol Beltway, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2013

Kristen, please accept my deepest apologize regarding your experience in the Comfort Inn Hotel. Your comment is appreciated and will help us to improve. It is our goal to satisfy each one of our customers. I also would like to apologize for the problem with your room-key; unfortunately keycards are getting decoded by the slightest magnetic fields. For example: cell-phones or even a credit card. Thank you for your comment, and we will do anything in our power to make your next stay an exceptional experience.

Reviewed 17 May 2013

This has been my second time staying at this hotel and I feel very confident that whenever I am in Landover MD, I will keep coming back. I arrived to the hotel with a large group of people (around 30 to 50 persons) and there were two gentlemen working at the front desk, knowing that we were arriving a head of time, they had already laid out our keys and information, so the service was going smoothly. They were really nice to talk to and found them all to be quite charming. The staff overall was welcoming and I could see that they all worked well together, considering that one of the workers at the front desk took time out of his original schedule to help his co-worker deal with such a large group without his co-worker's request, very admirable.

They knew how to deal with any crisis. Any issues we had received with the rooms was dealt with swiftly by sending in the maintenance guy or finding a new room for us.

Our continental breakfast service great. Last year was a mess after another group had been in the room and made it very miserable for the parents and children that I was travelling with. There was limited food and the group we were sharing with, had a lot of sick people, making the food and the environment unappealing. However, the lady in charge of the breakfast, Louise, was amazing!! She regulated both groups to ensure that were all feed and brought the disturbances down a level despite everything.

Upon her request, she offered a solution for our 2013 visit. She and her team went above and beyond by allowing us to have our own room and time slot in the early morning, while opening another breakfast for the rest of their guests. On behalf of my group, I would like to say that we were very grateful for her services. As we were a large group with a lot of children, the stress of dealing with children so early in the morning had been moderated by the hotel's services ensuring that our trip was starting out smoothly each morning.

The rooms were clean and well maintained. I saw that the cleaners were always busy cleaning the rooms throughout the hotel which showed their discipline.

I believe that this hotel has great work ethics and amazing people who run this hotel. I hope they are all compensated and know they are appreciated.

So Thank You to Louise and the Staff at the Capitol Heights Branch.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Barbara552

Thank you so much Barbara for your nice comment on Trip Advisor. I would like to give special gratitude to you for writing this review as a representative of the Mississauga Olympians. It was our pleasure to welcome your group in the Comfort Inn Capitol Heights. Thank you so much for choosing our Hotel as your home away from home.

As I read through your comment I realized how much time you took out of your life to write this article. We at the Comfort Inn Hotel can not Thank you enough.

Reviewed 17 May 2013

We stayed at the Comfort Inn for 2 nights for a sports event. I was a bit reluctant to stay there- I had read reviews and to be honest - I was expecting the hotel to not be that good and I thought I wouldn't enjoy my stay. I must say I was pleasantly surprised. The young man who checked us in (and out) was nice, the room was fine. I had booked 2 rooms and asked for adjoining and I got them no problem. Everything in my room worked fine, we got a good night's sleep, I didn't hear any excessive noise. I didn't have any issues for the 2 nights. For the price that was paid, I think it was fine! My only complaint was that the breakfast wasn't that great...but not a huge deal.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank KarenAllene
Reviewed 20 April 2013

We stayed at the Comfort Inn on Hampton Park Blvd during the 2013 Cherry Tree Blossom festival. Couldn't have asked for better personal service. Operations Manager Kenny Patel very friendly and helpful. Manny the Security Guard/Shuttle driver was the best. Janeth who worked the desk was always smiling and helpful. The shuttle service from the metro to the hotel was the best. All we had to do was call when we arrived at the metro and they were there in less than 10 minutes if that long. Same for when we wanted to go from the hotel to the metro, they were always ready. We went to dinner one night across the street from the hotel and Manny was there to walk us back to the hotel since it was dark. They were a lot of fun to be around and will stay there again if we ever go back. Enjoyed their company. The beds and pillows were the best we've had at any Comfort Inn. A lot of really nice pillows, great sheets and the bed was so comfortable and I was on the fold out couch! Sis and brother-in-law said the beds were just as nice. No back aches in the morning which was rare. The only bad note is I wasn't crazy about the breakfast and I wish the vanity was a little bigger but there were 2 of them, one in the bathroom and one out. Clean, great hotel. Would like to have that same hotel closer to Washington DC, it was about a 30 minute metro ride.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank jlgrammer
Reviewed 2 April 2013

While my family has "officially" relocated to Harrisburg, PA, my job still demands my presence in the D.C. area three to four days a week. This has been going on for the past three months and may continue for some time to come. I have found the staff here to be not only courteous and helpful, but going out of their way to make me feel comfortable in what has truly become a home-away-from-home. I feel comfortable and safe. I do an early breakfast (as soon as the area opens), and no matter how the rest of the day goes know that I will have a decent meal to start the day.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 March 2013 via mobile

Had never been to this section of DC area before and will try to never go there again. The hotel is surrounded by its own fencing and I was glad for that. Vagabonds hang out on the sidewalk asking for cigarettes if you try walking anywhere. The Red Lobster in this area had its own armed security guard if that tells you anything. Just didn't feel safe. The hotel staff is very professional and friendly here but the rooms are average at best. Do not recommend this hotel for families or females traveling alone.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Brian M
Reviewed 9 March 2013 via mobile

Me and my husband stayed here 3-7thru 3-10 it was his birthday on 3-8.Gabrielle,Kahlid and Kenny Patel was the greatest.the little issues we had was fixed pretty fast,we stayed at this hotel 4 times we call it our little spot when we want to just get away we will continue to come back thank you see u soon

• Stayed: March 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Capitol Heights
Country Inn & Suites Washington DC East - Capitol Heights, MD.
Hotel Largo
Hotel Largo
#2 of 3 in Upper Marlboro
Courtyard Largo Capital Beltway
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Largo/Washington DC
Holiday Inn Express I-95 Beltway-Largo
Residence Inn Largo Capital Beltway

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites DC Metro Capitol Beltway? Share your experiences!