“School Field trip ”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Capitol Heights
Gray Court, South Carolina
“School Field trip ”
Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

This hotel housed us on our field trip to DC. The price seemed fair and I have no complaints with the property at all. The fixtures are pretty much older but seem to work. Cleanliness is fair. The location for DC sightseeing is a little ways out but affords a couple of routes into the city.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 31 March 2014

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for four nights on a business trip. It was located very conveniently near where we were working. The rooms are clean and comfortable- actually, the beds were great. We both slept better than ever during this visit. There was free internet with good speed. A refrigerator and microwave were provided along with a really nice little coffee pot. I'm a big coffee fan, so I was really pleased to see the type of pot that brews several cups and not just one at a time. The refrigerator was too cold and the knob to turn it up was broken, so things got a bit frozen. The shower was very good, hot with good water pressure. Plenty of towels. The hair dryer didn't work, but by the time we returned to the room, a new one had been installed.
The free, hot breakfast was very good. Waffles, eggs, sausage, yogurt, fruit, cereal, assorted breads and pastries- all in a very nice sized room that was very clean and bright.
The staff at the hotel was always very pleasant too. Check in and check out very efficient.
There are also a number of places to eat nearby. We walked right across the street to Sardi's - a Peruvian Restaurant- exceptional! We ate there twice. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend a stay at this hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Baltimoregrl
Capitol Heights, Maryland
Reviewed 19 March 2014

The staff handled my group of 100 with grace and ease and I would highly recommend this hotel for any business or family gathering. Gabriel was heaven sent to me in all the chaos. If your looking for a nice safe clean hotel near everything....please stay here we look forward to returning soon.

Teeka
CS CONVENTION

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Chester,va
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Talk about a home away from home, I have been staying here for almost a year and a half due to my employment. Three nights a week i am a guest here but treated like a friend and acquaintance. I check in on Monday evenings and out on Thursday mornings very early. On check in my room is set and all the amenities I require are in place. On check out the staff make my reservations for the next week before I leave the building. Even during football season which is very intense here I am confident of being accommodated (You can see the stadium lights from the hotel). I have heard the staff make arrangements with guests to pick them up at the nearby rail stop and bring them to the hotel.Shopping and restaurants are nearby (Home Depot across the street.) and at least seven restaurants within walking distance not to mention a Seven -Eleven just for convenience. The evening crew I deal with(Gabriella, Monique and Antonio are all very pleasant and helpful and it doesn't hurt to be called by your name on sight instead of after you have presented your I.D. The morning people are also pleasant despite the fact that they usually see me between four thirty and five A.M. The physical plant is older but very comfortable and secure. The house keeping and maintenance people are reliable and professional.. With so many places to stay in the area I am satisfied at the Comfort Inn. The morning breakfast service doesn't hurt either.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Somerset, New Jersey
Reviewed 4 January 2014

This hotel has a style. Not only was the hotel very clean, but their folding of towls, toilet paper and anything foldable in the room was stylish. I was impressed and my room was extremely clean. I wish all hotel managers would be this concern about the well being of their customers and keep their hotels clean like this hotel. Their breakfast buffet was great. They had lot of varieties unlike some hotels I have visited. I like everything about this hotel. The location, the service, the front desk and the manager were all great!

Room Tip: Everything is great at this hotel, trust me!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank eaglesH
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed 1 January 2014 via mobile

We stayed 12/28 and the location was good. It's near the subway so we could go into DC without traffic. There were restaurants and a shopping plaza near by. They used my AAA discount which is always good. The room was less than $100. The night before we stayed at Country Inn & Suites, which was a little cleaner but had a rowdier crowd. The room was ok- sink outside the bathroom. It did have a microwave & a broke frig. The breakfast was just ok. The pastries and juice tasted a little old(cheap). But thank goodness it had fresh fruit and yogurt!!

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank MsDnn
Cortland, New York
Reviewed 26 December 2013

We recently stayed 2 nights at this Comfort Inn to go to a Washington Redskins/Dallas Cowboys game. This review will be very specific details about our stay. Overall-we felt that due to the proximity of this hotel to the field it was a great fit for us. We are mentioning these details so that future guests are aware, and hopefully so that management will make some small, but needed changes.
We had 2 rooms-room 624(a king size non-smoking room with a couch) and room 610 (2 queen size beds non smoking). Both had a good view of the area in front of the hotel, which is a small strip mall type area with several small restaurants. Being on the top floor I actually did enjoy the view.
Both rooms had slider doors opening onto a balcony. Our room (624) slider door would not open at all, but our son's room, which has definitely been upgraded, did open.
Our rooms were very quiet both nights, and clean. The beds were very comfortable and we slept well. There were several areas of some red coloring/liquid on the rug that needed to be cleaned. Loved the remote controls made by Clean World. They are cleanable, and when batteries are removed they can be thrown in the dishwasher. Excellent idea!
In both of our rooms the telephone message light was blinking. I called to verify that we did not have any messages (we didn't), and asked for it to be shut off. The next day I spoke to the front desk again to ask her to shut off the blinking light. She told me that housekeeping had to do it. Didn't make sense to me-but when we checked out the light was still blinking. Just a little annoying in a dark room at night.
Our toilet in 624 leaked in the back so that there was water all over the floor-maybe a seal?? Left a note in the morning for housekeeping (along with our usual tip) , and also asked at the front desk to have it fixed. When we checked out the toilet was still leaking all over the bathroom floor.
The elevator worked during our stay-but it is very old, and the door creaks like it might not open. That being said-we had complete use of the elevator throughout our stay...which was good since we were on the 6th floor.
Our son's room had a very new air conditioning/heating system. Ours was older-and when we turned it to "off" it continued to blow. We couldn't really even determine if it was ever getting cooler or warmer. We did not bother to mention this to anyone.
There is a ton of lighting in the room. But-there was a definite lack of plugs to plug in chargers/laptops, etc. We unplugged a light for our laptop, and the coffee and hair dryer to plug in our phones to charge.
Due to rain we took a cab to the game. We did not realize that we had to sign up to take the shuttle on a game day (drops at the metro which is one mile from the field). I thought the fare was very fair...$10. for 4 people. We got to the stadium about 11:00 and our cab drove us right there directly at the field with no waiting at all. I thought it was great timing! We walked home as it had stopped raining. Many people had told us "not to walk around in this neighborhood, especially at night", but we did not feel unsafe and it was definitely dark. It was about a 25 minute walk-and we walked past a LOT of standing still traffic trying to exit the field-so walking Is definitely the way to go!
We ate both nights at a small mall area in Largo/Upper Marlboro which was 2.2 miles from our hotel and a very simple drive. We ate at a Longhorn Steakhouse and a TGI Fridays.
The front desk was friendly enough, but not exactly helpful. Our keys to both rooms failed to run the 2nd day-and we heard others complaining about the same thing. The front desk staff were nice-but perhaps did not know the answer to things (such as how to turn off the blinking message light). It would make sense to me that if you don't know the answer admit it-or find out the correct answer. The night we checked in the front desk young lady was telling guests that the field is 5 miles away. It's not-it's only 1 1/2 miles. It probably would have been more helpful if she had just said she didn't know rather than giving incorrect information. We did get fantastic printed directions to dinner from one of the young ladies at the front desk and they were great and easy to follow.
The breakfast buffet was good. There were 2 different kinds of waffles, which are made by the breakfast attendant for us. I am sure this is to eliminate guest issues with the waffle machine. Both of the ladies that we encountered were nice, friendly, and efficient. They kept the place clean, and had a smile on their face the entire time. Those 2 ladies are an asset to this hotel.
Prior to arrival I was very concerned about the location of this hotel and called and spoke to Gabriela, who is the assistant GM. She was very easy to talk to, and she explained to me what the area was all about, and that we would not be in any danger. She was absolutely correct. While this hotel is located outside of DC and brings with it all that an area outside a big city has to offer-she was correct. We felt very comfortable here-and it really is the best place to stay to go to the game!
In the end, our "issues" with this hotel would not prevent me from returning to stay here for an NFL game at FedEx Field. Since our son's room was upgraded perhaps they are in the process of upgrading. Training the front desk staff completely is very doable as well as necessary. I am more than happy to answer any questions about Comfort Inn.

Room Tip: Higher up has "good views".
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Laurie P
Also consider these accommodations in or near Capitol Heights
Courtyard Largo Capital Beltway
Hotel Largo
Hotel Largo
#1 of 3 in Upper Marlboro
Country Inn & Suites Washington DC East - Capitol Heights, MD.
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Largo/Washington DC
Holiday Inn Express I-95 Beltway-Largo
Extended Stay America - Washington, DC - Landover

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites DC Metro Capitol Beltway? Share your experiences!