“Restless night”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Capitol Heights
boston, ma
“Restless night”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2009

Yesterday, my family and I came back from our trip to DC. First of all, we reserved a non-smoking room, and we arrived, checked in, went upstairs; it seemed like someone had smoked in there just a few minutes before our arrival. We called front desk, the young man we spoke to switched us to another room which was ok. It terms of price, not too far to down town, I would recommend this hotel; however, if you enjoy a good night sleep just Iike I do I wouldn't recommend this hotel. Every single night that I stayed there, I had to call front desk because there were several groups of kids who were making a lot noise which was extremely disturbing. For that reason alone, I would not go back.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Detroit, MI
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2009

My mother and I stayed here from April 22-25 . We were told that all rooms have a balcony which I thought was great since my mother is a smoker and I am not, I thought that she could sit on the balcony and smoke. When we got there the doors to the baclcony did not open. I called the front desk and they informed us that you are not able to access any of the balconys ( why advertise them if you cant use them). There were burn holes in both the beds, I know we had a smoking room but come on . The one good thing was the breakfast that they serve every morning. It had a very good assortment of things to eat. They also offered a shuttle to the Metro station which came in very handy.

• Stayed April 2009
detroit
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2009

Nice hotel. Worth the price. Easy access to all highways. Perfect redskins games.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with family
Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2008

We stayed at the Comfort Inn At FedEx Field on Nov 17th for the Cowboys/Redskins game.I highly recommend the hotel. It is close to the stadium and right down the road about a half a mile was parking for the game that was within walking distance of the stadium and no traffic problems getting out after the game.. If I get the opportunity to attend another game, it will definitely be my first choice to spend the night.

• Liked — Close proximity to FedEx Field
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
ModeratelyEvil
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2008

Wow, this place was awful. Where do I even begin? First, much of the breakfast was stale. They thawed the bread from a freezer every morning, but I'm suspicious that they re-froze it at the end of each day, to be thawed again the next.

After my first night of three there, the free wireless Internet crashed. The lobby computers also had no Internet. I had business to work on while traveling, and it was urgent that I have email access. When I complained (after having already complained about the breakfast), the manager said, "Well, it is clear you are just a complainer. You can stay or you can go, but you aren't getting any money back." I didn't want to waste more time in DC trying to find another hotel, so I stayed. There was still no Internet by the time I checked out.

Most of the staff barely speaks any English. I understand it is normal for housekeepers to not speak English, and I have no problem with that, but I feel the desk staff should at least be able to communicate in the language of the vast majority of their guest.

The hotel was not all bad. Everything (except for the Internet) was clean, in good condition, and worked well. The shuttle service to the subway seemed to be efficient, but it only runs between 7-10 am and 6-10 pm. (I'm not certain on the exact times, but it's only mornings and evenings; I know that much. No afternoons, no late evenings.) Regardless, it's only about half a mile from a Metro stop, and Metro parking is $4.25 per day.

Regardless, after the Internet problems and dreadful experience with an amazingly rude manager (and a Comfort Inn customer service line who explained that since it's a franchise, Comfort Inn isn't responsible for anything they do), I'll never be staying at this hotel, or any other Comfort Inn, ever again.

Stayed November 2008
1 Thank ModeratelyEvil

Travellers are raving about these Capitol Heights hotels

Sioux Falls, SD
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2008

I found this place to be very accomidating and a great place to stay for the Redskins game we attended on 11/3/08. People who are writing bad reviews about this place are just whiners and need to stay at a Hyatt or Hilton. This is a Comfort Inn and you get what you pay for. This place was very similar to other Comfort Inn's I have stayed at before. Room was very clean & had a great continental breakfast in the morning. People were fairly friendly, but I didn't go there to make friends. If you ask polietly, they will do what you ask, if you're a jerk, you get what you deserve. Free & freindly shuttle to and from the game. If you ask, they will also shuttle you to the train station, which is only about 1 mile from the hotel. You can go anywhere in the city from this train station for only $2.00. As for it being in a scarry place, that is simply just WRONG. I am a white man from South Dakota, and I had no problems walking around at night, I didn't even think twice about it. We actually walked back from the game, which is a long walk, but better than waiting in trafic.

• Liked — Shuttle Service
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled with friends
Orange Park, FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2008

My family just returned home from 4 nights at this hotel and we loved it. The room was clean and had a small fridge and microwave. The breakfast served in the lobby area was also quite nice. All of the staff members were very nice. Also, contrary to some earlier postings, we found the shuttle to and from the Metro (subway) station to be reliable and convenient. The walk to the Metro station is just over 1 mile, so it isn't a bad walk either (we did it a few times with 2 kids ages 11 and 6). We would definitely recommend this hotel for a stay in the DC area.

• Liked — Friendly staff
  • Disliked — Short pool hours
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled with family
#1 of 3 in Upper Marlboro
Courtyard Largo Capital Beltway
Extended Stay America - Washington, DC - Landover
Residence Inn Largo Capital Beltway

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites DC Metro Capitol Beltway? Share your experiences!