“Not sure if we will try again”
Review of Regions - CLOSED

Regions
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, International, Bar, Wine Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Mellor
Reviewed 18 June 2013

We have been looking to go to Regions now for a few months. But with work, kids and everything else that gets in the way. It's been hard to make it a point to go out and try Regions. We have heard alot of comments from friend about the restaurant. We recently tried Catonsville Gourmet (a few store up ) which is the sister company to Regions. So, it pushed us more to try to get to Regions for dinner. But, the people that work there so no compassion for their patrons. I feel that there is a lack of respect to the customers that are looking for a nice dinner and head of to Regions. What may make me say this you ask...
Well on 2 different random ocassions (different days and times) in the past 3 weeks my Wife and I decided and made time to go out to dinner to Regions. Upon arriving and walking in on to be seated we noticed each time the place was empty and then we were not greeted but we were told rudely that they were closed due to a private party. There was no sign on the door stating a "private party" was being held, doors we not locked, nothing to let potential customers know what was going on that evening. I feel that this is poor management and is very displeasing to customers who were very excited on trying a new restaurant out for the first time. How is someone to feel after this??

1  Thank lionking73

Reviewed 13 June 2013

We first started attending Regions for their spectacular brunch - driving up to Catonsville from about 25 minutes south. The unique menu items (Southern Benedict with Fried Green Tomatoes, Apple Scrapple breakfast Sandwich) can't be found anywhere around, and the price is the same as the run-of-the-mill, greasy diner food around the Baltimore area.

When we moved to Catonsville, Regions became our favorite local restaurant, and we spend so many nights and mornings there that the waitstaff knows our whole family, and we know most of them by name.

What I love most about Regions is that it is a small, family-owned and operated gourmet restaurant with fantastic ambience yet the prices are completely reasonable for the quality of food and they have always been very welcoming to my two and a half year old son. The tables are covered in paper that my son can draw on, and since we almost always split a bunch of small plates, he loves having lots of different foods to taste.

Since you can bring your own alcohol, my husband and I can walk down with our son, meet up with our childless friends, enjoy a bottle of wine together, and since the waitstaff is so friendly to my son, we get to have a family dinner yet still feel like adults instead of being sequestered to nearby Friendly's where the food is barely edible and the whole place smells of smoke.

Regions is owned by the same people who own nearby Catonsville Gourmet - but we like it at Regions much more. In part because the Scallop Risotto De Jure is always just so phenomenal, but mostly because the waitstaff that is at Regions is just so friendly, and in the smaller location you get a feeling of small-town community.

P.S. We do often go there without our son for special, romantic dinners - so don't let my review make you think it's only for families.

2  Thank kesrya
Reviewed 5 May 2013

My friend and I were walking in Catonsville on Sunday morning after our planned restaurant for brunch was closed. We saw their sign that Regions was open for brunch and were pleased to go there as we had previously had a delicious dinner there, and many great meals at its sister restaurant, Catonsville Gourmet. We entered the restaurant at 9:30 am but were told by staff that it did not open until 10 am. We stepped to the vestibule to confer and also immediately we were greeted by another male staff person, who seemed to be the manager. He graciously and warmly showed us to a table and told us he would bring us coffee as soon as it was made and that we could review the menu until the kitchen was open. Not long after that he took our orders and our brunch was then served right around 10 am. He was so warm and accomodating, which made us feel like appreciated guests, instead of an imposition. His thoughtfulness was so refreshing. Our meal was delicious. My friend had pancakes, sausage, and fruit; I had the veggie fritata. The coffee was excellent as well. Service, from the same gentleman who seated us, couldn't have been any better. A delightful place to dine in Catonsville with the best customer service! We'll go back often!

2  Thank Corinne G
Reviewed 3 May 2013

My 3 friends and I were finished our meal, talking, we had just paid the check when the manager came up to our table and asked us to please come to the bar and finish talking, he needed our table for other guests! I am 57 years old and I have NEVER been asked to get up to let other guests have a table. We got there at 6:30 and were asked to get up from the table at 8:45 PM. There were other tables that were there before us, did the manager ask them to leave too. I will NEVER go back to Regions, I will spread the word in Catonsville about the insulting behavior of the management. The manager told us there is an unwritten rule that patrons get 2 hours for a meal, WHAT? I have never heard of anything like that! The owners and management should be ashamed of themselves for treating members of the Catonsville community like that! Not only was the management rude but it was loud and our waitress was on the snotty side! If you are going to make a trip to Regions, make sure you are only there for 2 hours, after that, the management wants you OUT the door!!

Reviewed 21 April 2013

The food and atmosphere was great. I also love the BYOB, although I think the restaurant is working on getting a full liquor license. The menu is interesting in that you have big plates and little plates and can pick and choose and share. I can't wait to go bak again