“Give it a pass”

Ellicott City, Maryland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Give it a pass”
Reviewed 10 February 2014

I ordered my daughter's birthday cake here. The woman who took the order was impolite, condescending and provided poor customer service. I attempted to give the business however, the benefit of the doubt. The chocolate cake was grainy and lacked flavor. The butter cream icing was very thick and honestly just awful. Very disappointed with the product and service.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Diane M

Baltimore, Maryland
“Definitely not fresh lemon curd.”
Reviewed 13 November 2013

Last night I picked up a lemon mousse cake. We were really looking forward to eating it after dinner. Such a disappointment. The frosting, described as fresh lemon curd, was tasteless with the consistency of shortening. The yellow cake and lemon mousse filling were just ok. I have 1/2 the cake left and nobody will touch it. I wish I had read the other reviews before spending the money. On a better note, the customer service was very nice - both on the phone when I placed the order and when I picked it up. I'm just not sure that would trust another cake. Even if a slice from the retail store was delicious, can I trust that a full cake will be the same?

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Nancy60811
Baltimore, Maryland
“Dont ever go here”
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Worst customer service. You will feel disgusted by their treatment. They are just blunt. Dont get mistreated.

Visited October 2013
2 Thank Anitha N
Baltimore
“Worst service, Waste of time”
Reviewed 8 October 2013

I had to go 3 times to order a cake since they don't accept cakes with 7 days of a needed date. Next time I planned 1 week ahead but they said they are not able to take order due to "overwhelming" orders. Finally I ordered the 3rd time by going 8 days ahead and I went to pickup today. Since it was Friday the traffic was so bad, I reached their store at 6.01 pm. The person in the store said that they close at 6.00 pm and rejected to deliver my cake. They are not even considerate for 1 min delay. My wifes bidthday party is ruined due to the attitude of these bakers. They believe that it is a privilege to eat their cake. I am not going to these guys once again.

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank Lakshmi V
Catonsville, Maryland
“Stay out of your kitchen - Let them bake!”
Reviewed 29 July 2013

The cakes and pies from Sugarbakers are divine. Just purchased a peach pie. OMG. The pumpkin cheesecake at Thanksgiving time is a work of art. They have a case with cakes, pies, tarts and cookies - pick something up on the way home. Yummy place!

Visited July 2013