“Nice fishing pier”

8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Nice fishing pier”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2013

We went to fish and the pier was pretty small but people were catching fish. The nets to keep the jellyfish out were destroyed in Sandy and were supposed to be replaced before the 2013 season but have not been. That was supposed to be done by Maryland Gov. not the campground. The campground seems ok though but we didn't get to see much. I hear that you can find fossils here but we didn't know that when we went.

3 Thank Brandy J

Upper Marlboro, Maryland, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“My first time and last time at Breezy Point Beach and camp ground”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2013

My first time there and it will be my last, cost $10.00 a person to get in. Did not have much to offer, there was no net up and there were old poles in the swim area. The Bay water was dirty. After spending the day there we want to check out the camp ground, want to ride thru. They had a gate I stop worker and ask If we could ride thru the camping area was told no. I camp so if I can check a place out first I do before return to camp. They said we could walk, now I a handicap
so how do you walk? So to me I would not plan a camping trip there. I was reading the review from other that is one reason I want to check it out to see if it was like what they said or if they had change things. I like the thing about being on the bay, but damn I want to see something before put more money into it.....

9 Thank Julie C
Gaithersburg, Maryland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Jellyfish!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2013

I went to Breezy Point beach today for a day trip with another family. The netted swimming area does not exist right now, as they are constructing a new pier and had to remove it. As a result, jellyfish come right to the shoreline. Three of the six children we brought were stung. And, of course, after that, despite the warm weather, we couldn't swim (or even wade). To add insult to injury, the snack bar wasn't even open (we were hoping to lift spirits with some ice cream). The park feels compelled to post the following signs: "Please do not bathe in the restroom." (Would I be bathing in the toilet, or in the sink?) "Please remain dressed when using the outdoor shower". But not one sign, either on the website or at the beach, notified guests of the lack of net, the presence of jellyfish, and the warning to swim at your own risk.

15 Thank Claudia S
Northern Virginia
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“Nice campground right on the bay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2013

I absolutely love camping here simply because we park right on the bay, and every morning I get up, watch the sunrise with a cup of coffee or tea, walk down to the water and look for sea glass or shark's teeth, and then relax in the sun and read a book. They have kayak rentals if you want to enjoy a ride on the bay. There's a fishing pier to fish on. The park area has a playground and snack bar, and when we were last there, Maggie Moo set up a little tent with ice cream.

If you're used to KOA or Yogi bear campground resorts, this is not like that. There's no pool or activities - just a picnic table and a half barrel that serves as a fire pit. This is a county owned park and campground and it's pretty well run. The bathroom/shower facilities are okay - nothing great, but fine for us.

The campground has always been quiet when our family has gone, and we go at least twice a year for the past three years, including Memorial Day weekend and July 4th. I've never had to complain about anything. We've met nice people camping there as well.

If you stay at the campground for a few days, you can venture into nearby Chesapeake or North Beaches to go to the water park, farmer's market, and restaurants. Neptune's in North Beach is one of my favorite restaurants in the area.

There are only about 18 daily campsites, so if you want to go in the summer, call ahead to book because the campground fills up.

9 Thank want2Bontheroad
Alexandria, Virginia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Heart of the Matter”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2013

Breezy Point is dear to me as this was the first place I ever visited in Calvert County. And, I kept coming back for 25 yrs. You can fish, camp, swim or search for shark's teeth on the beach. 45 min from northern Va, and you feel as if you've had a mini vacation.

Visited June 2013