“Great stay”

Chesapeake Beach Resort and Spa
Washington, District of Columbia, District of Columbia, United States
“Great stay”
Reviewed 23 August 2014

I was there to play bingo which run a little, so it was convenient to be able to leave the bingo hall and walk across the court yard to the hotel. The room was very clean and the bed was very comfortable. I enjoyed having access to free wifi. The hotel staff were very helpful and polite, the continental breakfast was good. I always enjoyed my stay here.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (212)
Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The room was nice. The amenities were an added plus! The pool is nice and the coffee was a plus as well. We enjoyed the band entertainment too! We'll definitely come back!

Glen Burnie, Maryland, United States
Reviewed 23 August 2014

My Husband and I spent our Anniversary there and it was very special. The facility, staff, restaurants and entertainment were amazing. My Husband had his first massage and was so nervous. .but they made him feel comfortable and he enjoyed it. The resort is absolutely beautiful and we are hoping to return again soon.

Saint Augustine Beach, Florida
Reviewed 23 August 2014

On the spur of the moment, we decided to escape from DC for a night and wanted a waterfront. Looked at a map and realized that this resort was all of an hour and 15 minutes door to door. Made the reservation online for a waterfront room and hit the road. What a great find! Nice, helpful staff, clean and comfy room with a real waterfront balcony. Food was great at the outdoor cafe. Could have done without a barge pile driving new piers next door, but that was certainly not the hotel's fault! All in all, a great get away for a decent price with a wonderful accommodating staff. We'll be back.

Room Tip: spring for the waterfront rooms........quiet, real views and a nice balcony to gaze out over the bay...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 August 2014

I paid extra money for an oceanview room but when I arrived, I got a room with a big tree blocking the window. Not acceptable! and when I asked the front desk, she even gave me an attitude. Originally, I was booked at Orbitz and I paid less, but since I want my vacation to be s memorable one, I called and the person Ive spoken to said that she can switch me to an oceanview room and I paid extra for that. An oceanview is a view that you can see the ocean and not a big tree! Also the Rod and Reel in that resort is terrible in service. We've waited about 30 mins to be attended and another 45 mins for the food. Staffs were not friendly and accommodating.

• Stayed August 2014
Lorin J, Marketing Coordinator at Chesapeake Beach Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
We apologize for the unsatisfactory stay you recently had with us and we appreciate you taking the time to provide us with feedback. We are sorry that the view was not what you expected and that we could not accommodate you with a better view of the bay. We strive to have the best staff and service, and will be sharing your feedback with all of our staff to ensure we are meeting guests expectations. Again, we thank you for your comments.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 13 August 2014

I was here for a staff retreat. The rooms and location were great but the food and service at times was a bit disappointing. Lunch on the first day was awful - my shrimp were super overcooked. Other staff had similar complaint as well. The other thing were the flies, they were everywhere..in our conference room and in the room where we had lunch. On top of that were the dirty dishes! Spots and stains on the glasses, cutlery and plates..ugh! On the second day during the lunch buffet that was set up for our staff, they put out dirty plates and flies were flying over the food. When asked to bring clean plates, the young man working there acted like it was a bother. The internet was SUPER slow and then stopped working and we missed two training sessions because of that. Last thing was the staff. Some were cordial but there were quite of few that just looked like they did not want to be there and like our staff were "bothering them". Excuse me, but isn't this your job? I don't know about having an event here again unless they improve some things. Not the worst place I've been to but certainly not the best.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Qtkira
We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with feedback and we value comments from all of our guests. We will share this information with our management and chefs,and look into the internet issues you experienced. We apologize that we did not meet your expectations and again, we thank you for sharing your feedback with us.
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Went there last night to see the Bruce In the USA tribute band. Was perfect night with cold drinks & good food. The $5 dollar cover charge to see this band was well worth it. Have seen them a few time & they are always great.
Great venue to watch the band under the big clam shell. The bay in the backdrop & on nice sandy white beach & perfect weather. Chesapeake beach resort & spa ,really know how to put on a good time.
If you only see one tribute band ever,don't miss these guys. Special thanks & hats off to Mr.Murphy for reserving our group seats & being great host. Sir rod next week will be there.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Billy D
Lorin J, Marketing Coordinator at Chesapeake Beach Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
We are glad to hear you enjoyed your time during our Rock The Dock concert series and loved the Bruce In The USA tribute band. We look forward to having you back soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chesapeake Beach
Inn at Perry Cabin by Belmond
St. Michaels Inn
St. Michaels Inn
#3 of 4 in St. Michaels
The Inn at Chesapeake Bay Beach Club
SpringHill Suites Prince Frederick
SpringHill Suites Prince Frederi...
#1 of 3 in Prince Frederick
Holiday Inn Solomons Conference Center and Marina
Chesapeake House Tilghman Island

Been to Chesapeake Beach Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!