“Beautiful B&B with great charm and service!”
Review of Ship Watch Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Chesapeake City
Ship Watch Inn
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Stayed one night before the season. Place was empty, as was the town, but still great service!

Public spaces, as well as the room and bath, are in exquisite condition. Many antique pieces gracefully mixed in with newer furniture. Very cozy and attractive.

All rooms overlook the C&D canal, where you can watch the big ships go by -- they are surprisingly quiet, though! We had fun, rocking on the veranda and trying to guess what would go by next.

We arrived in the afternoon to the scent of a fresh pineapple upside-down cake coming out of the oven. This was later presented on a covered cake stand, and available for snacking whenever the mood hit, along with refrigerated juices, waters, sodas and a Kuereg coffee-maker with selection of brews.

Breakfast, served indoors or out on the veranda, was delicious.

Overall, a great place, and a cute little town. Consider for a romantic getaway, or a weekend with the girlfriends!

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank penelopeCT

Reviewed 18 April 2013

Sitting on the porch outside my room and looking at the canal was refreshing and much needed. The inn keeper does a marvelous job with hospitality - there were delicious cupcakes at check-in and those small touches that count throughout.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed 24 February 2013

We had a wonderful time at the Ship Watch Inn. Our room was spacious and very clean. The king size bed was very comfortable and the furnishings were beautiful. Renee the house keeper was great! The breakfasts were fabulous with fresh fruit, Belgium waffles and eggs benedict and great coffee and juice. We will certainly return. The little quaint town of Chesapeake City was very enjoyable with great restaurants.

Room Tip: we stayed on the ground floor which we like alot.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Barbara C
Reviewed 13 February 2013

Just got back from a much needed mini-vacation in Chesapeake City, MD. While the temps are not FL's, when we left Sunday morning our temp was -7 degrees. So to arrive in 45ish temps was a delight! I selected the Ship Watch Inn because of pictures I had seen on the internet. I wanted a room with a view. And I got it! This B&B has 3 floors with ALL rooms looking out over the canal. There are porches on each of the levels that are accessible from the rooms! I chose the Queene Anne's room because it had a king size bed and the jacuzzi bath. I have decided that it was the best choice of all the rooms on the 2nd floor because of the view. When I opened my eyes around 6:15am Tuesday morning I looked across the porch to the east end of the canal to see a beautiful sunrise!. I was able to grab my camera and run out on to the porch to capture a picture. I can't say enough about the hospitality. Renee was efficient, friendly and accommodating! And her full service breakfasts are to write home about! I can't decided whether I liked the crab & cheese omelette or the belgian waffle with sausage better! The cakes, cookies and cupcakes left for our enjoyment just added another special touch to a wonderful stay, It was so nice to be able to walk to restaurants and shops. The Inn is centrally located so you could park your car and not move it until the end of your stay! We will definitely go back - and if at all possible, stay in the same room! Thanks Renee for everything!

Room Tip: The balcony for the rooms on the 3rd floor do not have a roof. But the view from up there is great!
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 January 2013

We decided to leave the city for New Year's and saw an advertisement for Chesapeake City, MD's Winterfest. We booked a room at the Ship Watch Inn, Chesapeake City, MD. The facility is very nice and the food was very good. Hospitality is excellent. I do have to say that the room we had, Kent Room, was very small - actually the smallest room we have ever rented. The room was very nice. The walls are paper thin. Unfortunately and due to no fault of the Inn, one set of neighbors were have an argument through most of the early morning hours (midnight to 3 AM), but we could also hear the other neighbor on the other side snooring through the walls. The Inn is owned/operated by the Chesapeake Inn and Marina (restaurant). After 5 PM, if there is a problem, you need to contact the manager at the restaurant. I do have to say that their attention was immediate when when had a problem with the TV/remote. The view is fabulous and breakfast and snacks were very good. If planning another trip to Chesapeake City, I would return to this inn.

Room Tip: Rooms on the top floor should be quieter as you won't have to listen to those above you with the...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dcd0127
Reviewed 21 December 2012

We stayed here in the off season and loved watching the ships on the canal. We enjoyed the jacuzzi, the delicious breakfast and dinner at the bar at the Chesapeake Inn. We stayed in the Chesapeake Room and it was clean, spacious and comfortable.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BetsyRider
Reviewed 26 September 2012

Great room, great breakfast, great location, overall great place! We stayed in the Caroline Room on the 3rd floor. We enjoyed watching the ships go by. The nearby restaurants were very good too. We will highly recommend this B&B to friends and family.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nan M

Been to Ship Watch Inn? Share your experiences!