Ship Watch Inn
US$111
US$53
US$85
Hotels.com
All reviewsb bgreat view of the canalthird floorwatching boatshot tubeggs benedict with crabchesapeake suitefrench doorsquaint shopsrooms facebridal partygift certificatebayard housebed and breakfastbreakfast was deliciouswater viewfresh baked cookies
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 July 2010

Would reccomend this place to anyone. We went with several friends for a weekend birthday party and it was like a step back in time. The weather was wicked hot but the hotel and bedroom, especially the bathroom was very very chilly which was a great escape from the heat. Breakfast service was very lovely as well as very delcious . A beautiful place to stay Had a chance to peak at the suite our friend stayed in absolutely would love to stay in a suite next time if available.
looking forward to going back.
thank you!!!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 April 2010

Great spot along a major shipping canal. Watch big ships from your luxurious room. Great town with several good restaurants. Great spot to meet new friends. Very good breakfasts. We have been there 3 times and we are looking forward to going again.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 April 2010

My husband and I stayed here for two nights in March and we chose this place because of it's location to my parents house in NJ. The town was really cool, the people were great, and the food was awesome! The B & B was very nice, was in a great location, had amazing food, very nice people working there, but.....

First of all the owners do not live at the B & B which I did not know nor do I like. In fact we didn't even meet the owners during our stay there. The women who run the place are very nice though. Second, when I booked I was not informed that there was a wedding party staying for the weekend which had I been told that I would have chose a different location. My husband and I were going there to relax before heading back to the reality of getting a house ready to put on the market. Anyway, the wedding guest came back totally drunk around 1 am and would not be quiet. Because there is no one that lives at the B & B there was no one to assist us. We ended up calling the police when they would not stop after 2:30 am (after asking them twice nicely) which caused some of the wedding party to be even louder. All and all we got no rest our first night there. Thankfully the wedding party left on Sunday morning and we did get some rest on Sunday evening before our departure on Monday morning.

It is a rather large B & B so my suggestion when booking would be to ask what kind of event is going on when you are booking your stay. Again the town was really cool and we had a very nice time with the exception of trying to get some rest on Saturday night. We were presented with a $50 gift certificate for our troubles on a future stay; who knows if we will use it.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mbethrod
Reviewed 18 March 2010

My wife and I have stayed here 4-5 times in the last 1o years. We are returning next week. This is a small town on the C&D Canal. friendly people. town sits under the Chesapeake City bridge of the main road. Many historical houses. couple restaurants, and a few specialty and antique shops. every room has a deck facing the water. Which is less than 10 feet from the deck.

about 10 minutes outside of Elkton, Md or Newark, De. But when you are here (especially in the off season) you would never know it. Love going this time of the year. Weather is starting to break and the town is quiet.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 March 2009

We stayed in the Chesapeake Room-- a huge room, beautifully decorated-- I just wish there was a bright light in the room for reading.
We walked in, rang the bell, I gave the person my name, and all she said was the room was upstairs on the left. I had to ask about parking. We were not going to be able to stay for breakfast the next morning, so I didn't ask about whether we were supposed to just show up, or needed to set a time.
No hot water for a shower-- this was a huge disappointment for $200+ for one night. I made sure I mentioned this before I checked out.
I'm not sure where the complimentary water and soda were located....I did find the complimentary baked goods.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled on business