“Don't go for the food”

Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
“Don't go for the food”
Reviewed 19 January 2014

Ordered scallops & risotto. The scallops tasted burnt & had a terrible tasting hot spice on them. I could not eat it. It was returned to the kitchen & was brought back tasting exactly the same way. I think they gave me the same scallops back! Went home hungry. This is the first time I ever returned scallops, or any meal.

• Visited January 2014

wilmington de
“Great night out!!!”
Reviewed 30 November 2013

Let me begin by saying, "I have heard some mixed reviews about this landmark, mostly good though". My mother lives in North Carolina, and wanted to check out her old stomping grounds. What a wonderful decision!! We went this past Wednesday, 11/27/13...Service was great and food was wonderful!! The atmosphere couldnt have been better, just a delightful night!! Thank you Schaefers!! Thank you management for talking to my mom so long!! Cant wait to come back!!

• Visited November 2013
Newark, Delaware
“Date night with Trish and Vernon 11/26/13”
Reviewed 30 November 2013

Great evening in this regionally famous dining location. Starting with the Crab dip appetizer, dinner was off to a great start. Entrees for the evening were the Broiled Seafood Dinner and the Cob Salad with Blackened Chicken and Broiled Salmon. Both entrees were delicious, with emphasis on the Sea Scallops and Salmon, both so easily overcooked but not here. Both were exceptional. Service was a bit lacking (had to wait several times for a little attention from our server) but it was acceptable given it was a slow evening and what appeared to be only 2 servers on the floor. New ownership reopened this establishment last year, and though they need to work on the service side of the business, the food selections (although very limited) proved to be nicely prepared and well presented. Located\ on the C&D Canal connecting Delaware River/Bay with the Chesapeake Bay, we watched as a large container ship passed the large picture windows of the restaurant. Nice little plus for the evening. We will be back!

• Visited August 2013
Brisbane, Australia
“A trip down memory lane”
Reviewed 19 November 2013

I live in Australia and I worked here in the 1970s as a server....
It was nice to see this restaurant reopened and again a "place to go for visitors and locals alike".... The crab cakes are still great and the ambience excellent. What a wonderful place to watch the world from.

• Visited November 2013
Bear, Delaware
“Now it's casual.”
Reviewed 16 November 2013 via mobile

I've been to this restaurant when it was formal place. Then it closed for a while. Went for an anniversary dinner. We were over dressed. Service was good. We had ordered mixed seafood platter. The broiled seafood was perfectly cooked. We enjoyed the meal as well as the lovely view. We had gone for breakfast in April one sunday morning. The seafood omlet was perfect! Would recommend going again especially with a group of friends.

• Visited September 2013