“Very good food!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

I have been to Schaeffer's several times (5)over the past three months and the food was very good each time. There were times awe had to wait for a seat 30-45 mins and they did not seem at all busy. Tables open outside on the upper deck as well as inside. Maybe they were short staffed. At times we opted for the inside bar where we received excellent service. We have eaten appetizers, sandwiches and entrees on our various visits. I know this is a restaurant known for seafood but their cheese steak is most excellent. Crab cakes are just as good. Service in the dining area can be slow .. Waiting on our entrees. But when our entrees arrived they were hot and very good. So got to chalk it up to the kitchen staff being very busy or slow. The outside bar is a fun area but felt invisible at times trying to get a drink. I would rate it excellent but it is just a notch below.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

Very slow service sometimes I feel invisible at the bar. This place use to have great service but the new owners just haven't figured it out

Reviewed 22 July 2014

My wife and I have come here over the years and were pleased to have it reopen last year. It has a great environment, great view, good entertainment, fun fun place. Just don't get the fish tacos.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

I was up for raw Oysters, and sprung for 6 of them for $12.00.(There are many places around this area that have them as specials... $1.00 apiece, which means you can get 12 for $12.) Well, there were tiny. About the size of clams. Took a bite, and it had absolutely no taste, none! What were they frozen? I tried another, and same thing. Plus, the cocktail sauce was like cocktail mellow. Awful. I SHOULD have stopped at 2 and sent them back for no charge to me.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

We were so excited to be going there. The appetizer stuffed portabella mushrooms. Instead of 3 full ones we got two and one deformed that was half
the size of the others. I got broiled seafood combo and was actually looking to see when they were going to bring out the rest for $28 it should of been double of what I got not to mention it was bland. After i seasoned it i will say the scallops were cooked perfect. My boyfriend had the Jambalaya he did get a nice portion for $30 except for only a couple of shrimp. I don't know what kind of sauce they used but when i tasted it i was glad i didn't order it. I really doubt if I would drive an hour to go back. If I did maybe to sit outside and have a burger.