“Fine dining at its best!”

Bayard House Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, View, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Corona, California
“Fine dining at its best!”
Reviewed 7 August 2014

We stayed in Chesapeake City and thoroughly enjoyed our visit to the Bayard House Restaurant. It's an old place that's exquisitely designed and furnished. The menu has a variety of delicious foods and wines. We ate in the dining room indoors as it was warm outside. The creme brulee was delicious. I highly recommend it!

Visited July 2014

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Beautiful views, terrible food”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

When friends suggested we go to Bayard House, I cringed because my last meal there was terrible, but they all said it was a great place so I went along with them. I hated to say I told you so, but I did. No one really enjoyed their meals, meats were overcooked and dry, service was slow, they were out of items on the menu. Since I did not expect much, I was not disappointed, but it is a shame that the quality of the food and service has gone down like it has because it is a relaxing place to visit.

• Visited August 2014
Absecon, New Jersey
“Total Disappointment”
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

We've eaten at the Bayard House several times in the past and enjoyed it. Last night was a different story. We arrived and had to wait for the Hostess who showed up after 10 minutes. She seated us and our server (young boy) introduced himself and disappeared. Eventually he showed up and took our drink and food order. He didn't bring drinks for at least 10 minutes and when he brought our food he brought the oyster appetizer at the same time he brought our meal. My chicken was tasty but my wife's rockfish was dry. The whole experience was bad except for the amazing view.

• Visited August 2014
2 Thank Ray D
Jonestown, Pennsylvania
“Great Location”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Had a outstanding lunch here as we sat outside with a great view of the canal. The drinks and food were very good as was the service. Not cheap but you get what you pay for and we did have a great time.

• Visited July 2014
Elkton, Maryland
“Nice outside bar”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

This place has another great outside bar right on the water. The locals call it the umbrella bar. stop and you will see why

Visited April 2014