“Another good restaurant failing: terrible service and disappointing food are by products of inadequate management.”
Review of 4 Seasons Bistro - CLOSED

4 Seasons Bistro
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Chester, Maryland, United States
Reviewed 9 June 2013 via mobile

My husband and I visited the bistro numerous times when they first opened and were always pleased, especially with the service. I brought my sister here on St Patricks Day and I was embarrassed by the poor service and poor quality food. We live right around the corner, but didn't think we would return. Today, we decided to go for breakfast. We arrived just as they opened at 10:00am. We waited until 10:20am for coffee, which they had forgotten to brew, and it was bitter and undrinkable. Our waitress was nice enough, but very awkward and stood and stared at us while we looked over the menu. We ordered French toast and waffles. My husband liked the French toast, but the sausage was MICROWAVED way too long and was hard to chew. The bacon was so-so. The waffles were tasteless, but with syrup ( would have loved butter, but nobody around to ask for it) it was passable. So, I start to dig in, when I notice the blueberries they put on top have mold on several of them. We called for the manager and his response was, " they came in fresh yesterday". That was it, we have seen and heard enough. We left and will not return.

Cockeysville
“Like sitting on the bar side”
Reviewed 4 June 2013

My husband and I like going here during Orioles baseball games. We have a drink or two and enjoy the excellent appetizers, and watch the game. The Mediterranean Platter, Goat Cheese Brulee, 4 Seasons Shrimp, and Chicken Lettuce Wraps are some of our favorites. Two of these appetizers makes a dinner for the two of us. Service is good. Everyone is friendly.

FORT MYERS
“Indiferent food, loud music, good service”
Reviewed 2 June 2013

Two other couples whom we hadn’t seen in a while and us chose Four Seasons for dinner to chat and to catch up on things. We were all there before and remembered the good food and we agreed in revisiting the restaurant once again. Well, we were disappointed this time. The food was mediocre at best. My crab bisque bowl was satisfying, with large bits of crab meat dolled on top, but the angel pasta dish that followed, though a large serving, was a group of ingredients all mixed together into a confused heap and definitely not to my liking. Around the table there were mixed opinions as of the quality and taste of the food. Some liked it, others though it so-so. The one thing that really bothered us was the loud music coming from the bar area. Although we were at the opposite end of the restaurant, the live guitar playing sound was overwhelming, making normal conversation all but impossible. And a little bit of a surprise, a glass of iced tea cost over $4. dollars and a glass of wine $9.! I guess somebody has to pay for the singer! The only thing that prevents me from giving the Four Seasons a lower grade is the service. It was good. The three waitresses working our table were very accommodating, prompt and nice. I would not recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a quiet dinner, at least on a Friday or Saturday when the music is on.

Queenstown
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Mother's Day Dinner”
Reviewed 12 May 2013

I have been to the restaurant once before for lunch. We had the Chicken lettuce wraps and I thought they were very good. Service and lunch meal seemed like a good value and prepared well. We decided to go there today since we had a very good first experience. They had 4 specials on Mothers Day plus the regular menu. We started out with the lettuce wraps which were very good again! I had the Cioppino, when it came out I was a little skeptical because it looked more like spaghetti with seafood. However the mussels and clam around the edge plate had a nice presentation, just not traditional (no juice except in mussel shells). The seafood was cooked perfectly and flavor a bit on the spicy side, but was very good! My wife had a Mother's day special "Stuffed flounder with crab-stuffing" As it was served it looked dry as could be with the edges of fish crispy and looked as if the dish was possibly par cooked and then heated. The fish was dry even in the thicker areas, Hollandaise sauce was ladled over 3/4 of the crab & bread stuffing. I mentioned to waitress that the fish really looks dry (should have taken picture so I could post) however my wife who never wants to cause a problem said it would be okay. It was served with mashed potatoes & saute' green beans and carrot sticks. Why Mashed potatoes? The real problem here was the fish being cooked to death. Should have sent back because everything else was good. However since I did not, my wife will stick with the local staple "The Narrows or Fisherman's Inn Restaurant". I asked the waitress to let them know in kitchen and was surprised the manager or cook/chef did not come out to take a look. I may still come back for the lettuce wraps and lunch; but doubt we will have dinner there any time soon. A little more customer service would have turned this into a very good experience and returning customer.

• Visited May 2013
orlando, fl
“meh. loud music, tasted like food was bought at costco and reheated”
Reviewed 7 May 2013

We came here for dinner on a Friday night. The music was so loud, we couldn't hear each other speak. Even though it was live music and just really a singer with his acoustic guitar, it was unpleasantly loud and annoying. We asked the manager to turn it down, but I don't think it ever became just nice background noise.

We ordered the mediterrean platter to share between 3 or 4 of us. Nothing on the platter tasted like it was made there, maybe just spooned out of a jar. It didn't taste bad, just didn't taste homemade.They did heat up pita points. Yeah.

I had the spinach stuffed eggplant. Again, it was fine, just nothing extraordinary. Certainly not any better than ordered eggplant parmigiana at your local pizza and pasta place. The sauce did not taste homemade. It was a bit watery even.

My friends ordered the pork chops, which they said was very good. My other friend ordered a fish entree, but they had just run out of it. She ordered a chicken entree instead.

We didn't bother with dessert. But the wine selected by our hostess was very good.

• Visited April 2013