“Excellent!”

Luisa's Cucina Italiana
Ranked #2 of 46 Restaurants in Chestertown
Price range: US$7 - US$25
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Kids, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Description: Welcome to Luisa's Cucina Italiana. Our dishes are prepared with locally grown fresh ingredients from St. Brigid's, Cedar Run, Lovett, and Redman Farms. Seafood, vegetables, poultry or meats... You'll find them to be superb! We offer catering for special occasions and private parties, as well as a semi-private dining area for family gatherings, business lunches, or dinners. Gift certificates available. Reservations recommended.
Sudlersville, Maryland
“Excellent!”
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Ribeye special was amazing! It was very fresh and tasteful! They know how to make a rare steak! Service is great. Our waitress Heather was awesome!

• Visited April 2014

Baltimore, Maryland
“Affordable Italian food in an exceptional town...good service”
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Chestertown, MD is an exceptional place. I highly recommend visiting this wonderful Eastern Shore (Maryland) town.

I think once you understand where Chestertown is economically at this time you will appreciate Luisa's all the more. This restaurant consistently provides tasty food at VERY reasonable prices. I understand they will be moving into a new building soon and I imagine things will get even better.

• Visited March 2014
Chestertown, Maryland
“A Nice Enough Lunch”
Reviewed 11 March 2014

I've eaten at Luisa's quite a few times, maybe 2 dozen or more. Since the food is reliably acceptable Italian, my pleasure in the experience is directly related to two variables: 1.) where I am seated, and 2.) the service. The last meal I had there was lunch on 3/7/2013. It wasn't real busy, so we got a seat on the raised portion of the floor. At least we didn't feel like we were in everyone's way, which we did on our previous visit.
HINT: Don't let them seat you in the aisle on a busy night - your elbow will get bumped by passers-by throughout your meal. That's what happened on our previous visit over a year ago and is precisely what keeps us from returning on a crowded evening. Chestertown is woefully short of good dining options, so Luisa's is often VERY crowded on weekends - especially if the college is having an event.
Last Friday, our server was friendly - maybe overly so, in fact - but without a regulator. She spent AGES chatting with folks at two other tables - sometimes with someone else's drinks melting in her hands.
It's a small town and I am all for neighborliness, but see that people get drinks and food before you engage in a long confab with someone two tables away. Plus, this excessive chatting led to her not delivering my coffee in the "two minutes" it was promised. By my watch, she talked to another table for a full 9 minutes before even approaching the coffeemaker. Once she started the coffee, it did, indeed, arrive in about 2 or 3 minutes; but by that time, my partner was done. I got one cupful for my $2.
As for everything else, the bread is great, the food was hot and came quickly. The menu has expanded over the years. The staples are good value, although I have found the chef's specials are often overpriced. Pizzas are always fine, as are the sandwiches. That day I especially enjoyed my cream of crab soup - rich and full of lumps, the way it should be. All in all, Luisa's is a decent value... maybe their planned move to a new site will eliminate the bad table issue. If so, I will try eating there in the evening again.

• Visited March 2014
Seoul, South Korea
“Scrumptious, satisfying Italian fare”
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Luisa's cafe has excellent quality salads and entrees. My family dines at Luisa's on a monthly basis and are never disappointed. The staff is very accommodating and helpful. The meals we have had there are consistently delicious and fresh. I would recommend ordering the tortellini Emiliani - it is outstanding.

• Visited July 2013
Chestertown, Maryland
“Great Italian Restaurant”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Luisa's is true Italian! The menu is complete including all the different pastas, veal, pork, chicken dishes as well as salads, sandwiches and, of course, pizza. Eat in or take out, its our first and only choice for Italian food in the area!

Visited February 2014