“A Wonderful Place to have Lunch after the Farmers' Market”
Review of Lemon Leaf Cafe

Lemon Leaf Cafe
Ranked #1 of 48 Restaurants in Chestertown
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Directly across from the fun Centerville Farmers market is the Lemon Leaf Cafe. A bright and airy restaurant. We were greater and seated in a few minutes and look over the extensive lunch menu. We settled on the cream of crab soup, which is one of their specialties, and the black bean soup. We then enjoyed the flounder sandwich and the Tuna salad sandwich. Both came with choice of fries or chips. Lots of good lettuce and tomatoes with the sandwiches and an excellent cup of coffee to go with it. The sandwiches were large and had lots of flavor. Fries were very tasty. Our server, Nina was a delight. She was friendly and very knowledgeable about the menu. Ask for her when you go there.

Reviewed 26 April 2014

My wife is HYPER sensitive with food allergies. She never eats out. Tonight we went to Lemon Leaf with friends and I was prepared for her to just enjoy the company. After a conversation with our server she felt comfortable enough to order food. The meal was great and she was fine. All of our meals were very enjoyable. The coconut shrimp was fresh and hand dipped. The crab cake was wonderful. I just wish I had room to enjoy the lovely deserts with generous proportions we saw coming out of the kitchen. They are all made on site. We live 45 minutes away and will certainly be back.

Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

The crabcakes are fabulous as is the cream of crab soup. There is a great pub next door which also has food and entertainment. Both places are an excellent addition to Chestertown. Brunch is served on the weekends.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

I have tried many creams of crab in the area and this is the best (next to the another one in an Ocean's City's restaurant--the one at the end of the boardwalk).

Reviewed 2 April 2014

I love the Lemon Leaf crab bisque, and so do our French friends who enjoyed it about a year ago. Today we met them in Annapolis for a late lunch at Carrol's Creek after looking at many reviews of restaurants in the area. I discouraged our friends from ordering the cream of crab soup because it's made with pasteurized crab meat which always loses flavor; my one friend and my husband agreed with me after having it. We had introduced them to the crab bisque at the Lemon Leaf Café in Chestertown which is superb, and, in fact won the best in the state recently. I had the baked oyster small plate. Unfortunately the oysters were lost under a piece of melted cheese, and some of the rock salt under the oyster shells had escaped onto the oysters making one of them salty. Our other French friend had oysters on the half shell and pronounced them excellent. We ordered a bottle of wine, and had to ask for bread after the appetizers were served. Because of the delicious sounding description, we all had the rockfish. The skin was still on and an effort had been made to crisp it, but the flour breading had turned into paste. (I think that's what happened.) The flavor of the rock was just average, and the crab meat placed on and around the fish was pretty much tasteless. I told our friends that the crab would be below their expectations after having had the Lemon Leaf's, but the waiter encouraged them to try it. Overall, the meal was over-priced and just average.

I'll stop the review of Carrol's Creek here, and just say "stay home." Eat at the Lemon Leaf!