“Nice Southern Style Diner”

Ellen's Coffee Shop & Family Restaurant
Ranked #34 of 48 Restaurants in Chestertown
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 11 March 2014

For a good breakfast come here, they serve some pretty good scrapple and do breakfast well. Coffee is a bit weak from a New York standpoint but not bad overall and very nice people.

1  Thank Glubetrutah

Reviewed 22 December 2013

Great location. I wasnt impressed with the food.
Local morning gossip scene. Coffee and doughnuts.
I tried this place twice. I wont go back.
Omelets were crepe thin and overpriced.
Seating felt crowded in. No elbow room.
I ordered grits as a side and watched the waitress put it in a microwave to cook. Not worth the money.
The dineing area wasn't the cleanest, but it was acceptable.

Reviewed 18 November 2013

We all know it is tough to screw up breakfast, but they are very constant in repeating the same lack luster breakfast. When you order ham to go with you eggs you expect to get more than a thin slice of boiled ham, thrown on a grill and then on your plate. Pancakes, French Toast are failures as well. I've dined with a small group that goes there on Saturday Mornings. That group is now smaller by 1 - I'll skip it in the future.

1  Thank Herm B
Reviewed 7 July 2013

We had a little extra time so we stopped in and had coffee and cinnamon rolls along with a sweet hometown experience. It was almost like going back in time. I wish our hometown had a place like this!