Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chestertown
Great Oak Manor(Chestertown)
US$199
US$272
Official Site
Mariners Motel(Rock Hall)(Great Value!)
US$115
Sleep Inn(Grasonville)
US$100
US$90
SleepInn
Holiday Inn Express Kent Island(Grasonville)(Great Value!)
US$130
US$124
Motel Edgewood(Edgewood)(Great Value!)
US$68
US$64
US$121
US$111
All reviewsfront deskwashington collegestayed here for one nightclean hotelwould stay here againtwo queen bedsfree breakfasthigher ratethe hotel managergood sized roomsc unitshower headhistoric downtowngreat place to staynice roomchecking outupon check
Reviewed 26 November 2012

Room was clean. Unlike "sister" hotel in Cambridge, coffee/tea service was not available in the evening (maybe not after breakfast hours). Friendly staff at the desk. Promptly got hot water for the dispenser, in the morning. Sink is in the bathroom, so companion is not disturbed when the light is turned on.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Chuck V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chestertown, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2012

Dear Denaf,

I would like first thank you for taking time to write a review regarding your recent stay. It is with these reviews that we can gain valuable knowledge in areas where we may have fallen short of our guest expectations. While it is a standard that the hotel provide coffee/tea during the evening hours, this instance may have been overlooked and for that I do apologize. A friendly staff and a clean room are our top priorities and I am pleased that we were able to provide both for you during your stay. I would like to thank you for staying with us and hot tea/coffee will be waiting for you the next time you visit Chestertown and the Holiday Inn Express & Suites.

Reviewed 24 October 2012

We stayed at this Holiday Inn Express when visiting out daughter for Family Weekend with Washington College. I paid for my room in advance with a bank card and was paid in full upon my arrival. I now use a different bank for most of my purchases and provided this card for "incidentals". Upon checking out, I was told there were no charges for incidentals and was paid in full. When checking my bank account 3 days after returning home, I noticed that I was charged again for my room out of the original bank account. I was given the run-around from the front desk manager stating I needed to contact my bank and they did not charge me. Then she stated there was a hold for "incidentals" and they can charge which ever account they want. The money was held for a week. I called corporate and nothing was done. The owner never called to explain what really happened. Needless to say, I was out of over $300 for more than a week... Who ever heard of holding the value of your room for incidentals. Never going back.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Chuck V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chestertown, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2012

Dear Lisa_C564,

I would first like to apologize for the inconvenience of additional money being held on your account. I can only imagine the frustration and difficulty it would have been not having the funds available in your account. We have recently gone through some management changes which will include policy changes on prepaid reservations. With this being said, I know it does not make what happened to you any better.
Again, thank you for taking the time to write. I sincerely hope that you will allow us another opportunity to demonstrate our true level of hospitality and interest in serving you properly.

Reviewed 22 October 2012

We have stayed here before and will again. They have clean rooms. The carpet in the hallways need cleaning. The breakfast is always good as far as Holiday Inn Expresses go. I like the pancake machine. They had some hunters that I heard that morning around 4 o'clock. I never heard anything before or after that. The one of the front desk members when checking in sounds like a script. She needs to look up and speak to the people instead of the computer. When checking out a man helped me and was very nice and looked at me when speaking. Both thanked me of being a member of Priority Club Rewards Member. The girl checking us in gave us a cookie with a note stating if we had any concerns to let them know. I think the prices are a little high.

Room Tip: 3rd floor was great
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear EasternShoreBoop,

Thank you for taking time to complete this survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel. It was a pleasure speaking with you during your departure and I appreciate your comments regarding my staff. Customer Service is our number one goal and it is always good to hear suggestions and comments from our Priority Club Members. We will also address our price strategy for next year and be more in line with our local competitors.
Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you when you visit Chestertown.

Reviewed 22 October 2012

We stayed overnight at this Holiday Inn in Chestertown, Maryland. It is close to town. Our daughter was visiting Washington College which is also very close. The staff were very friendly and the hotel appeared to be new and clean. It was also very quiet! We were upgraded to a suite as Priority Club members.

Room Tip: We had a King suite which was very spacious and had a mini fridge and microwave. The hotel had free hot breakfast too!
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business

Dear mdderbyz,

Thank you for your taking time to review our hotel. A clean and friendly hotel are always top priority when traveling and I was pleased that we were able to accomplish both for you. While our hotel is going on 5 years old, it is always nice to hear when we achieve our guests expectations. Upgrading our Priority Club members is our way of showing our appreciation to you.

Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Chestertown.

Reviewed 8 September 2012

I had the pleasure of staying at this hotel with friends for a couple of days in August. This Hotel is one of the best out there. My friends and I travel a lot and we have stayed in many Hotels. The rooms are large and clean, the housekeepers were very pleasant and do a great job. The breakfast was good, lots to choose from and I really enjoyed conversing with the Hotel Manager Valerie and Tiffany at the front desk. They were very pleasant and helpful. Keep up the good work..we will certainly be back.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends