Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chestertown
Economy Inn(Aberdeen)
  • Room Service
Sleep Inn(Grasonville)
View Hotel
All reviewsfront deskwashington collegestayed here for one nightclean hotelwould stay here againtwo queen bedsfree breakfasthigher ratethe hotel managergood sized roomsc unitshower headhistoric downtowngreat place to staynice roomchecking outupon check
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Pros: Conveniently located to downtown, very clean, spacious room (we had a handicap-accessible room), decent breakfast (included for all), especially considering everything is pre-made, and the pancakes come out of a remarkable machine. Quiet, especially considering the hotel as 100% full, and we were near the elevator. Never heard a thing from adjacent rooms or the hallway. Decently priced vending machines. 24 hour fitness center. The two treadmills worked perfectly. Didn't try the other machines. Business center has two computers, and as usual in any hotel, occupied by kids.

Cons: Not anything big. The front desk staff was a little odd. Hard to explain.

Room Tip: Ask for a handicap-accessible room. The one we had on the 2nd floor was very large, and on a corner.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank owlyn
Chuck V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chestertown, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

Dear owlyn,

Thank you for your wonderful comments regarding your most recent stay with us. We strive to accommodate all of our guests needs and it is always great to hear when we do.
We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in Chestertown.

Reviewed 3 November 2013

We stayed here on a Saturday night after a wedding reception elsewhere. The room was large and clean but had sparse amenities. The staff were very friendly but the man at the front desk knew little about the area. He was unable to give directions or comment on the festival that was occurring that weekend.
We didn't have the included breakfast but it seemed fine from the door. At $179.00/night this was overpriced and we wouldn't return unless we had no other options.
we're Platinum IH members and this was not their best effort.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Chuck V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chestertown, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

Dear sgmidf,

We appreciate your time when commenting on your recent stay. It is with these comments that we can truly judge how we are doing and areas that need improvement. I will share your comments with ownership so that we may provide the best value to our guests.

Reviewed 3 November 2013

I had no problems while staying here; the staff was all very friendly and helpful, my room was clean, and the breakfast options were decent. My only complaint was the noisiness that other travelers have mentioned--I felt like you could hear everything that went on in the hallways of your floor, and since I was on the second floor, I heard lots of loud stomping from above. Oh, and the showers really do wail (I could even hear it when someone in an adjacent room was running the water!).
Otherwise, it was a fine stay, and I'm sure that the noise was in part due to the busy weekend I was in town. HIE Chestertown convenient to downtown Chestertown.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo

Dear flyingsails,

Thank you for taking time to comment regarding your recent stay with us. I understand your concern regarding the noise level and we try our best to space guests so that the noise level can be somewhat contained. The wailing noise is an issue we are aware of and are taking measures to remedy. Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 9 September 2013

The staff were extremely helpful, the suite was very clean and had all the ammenities one could wish for including a quiet shower.
There was a hitch but the problem with the aircon was quickly attended to, which is surely all anyone can ask.
Ideal location for travelling to various parts of Maryland, Delaware, Washington DC and even Gettysburg. The bonus was it was an ideal place to spend those quiet hot days.
If I had a complaint the breakfast provided, which was eaten with great gusto by all our fellow American Guests, was not quite to my English hopes.
The town was also a great place to amble through and boy if you like sea food you will have hit gold.

Room Tip: Definately go for a suite if you can but all rooms were good
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Chuck V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chestertown, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2013

Dear rossnagh,

I would like to thank you and your family for staying with us during your stint in the US. We had great conversations and I would like to thank you for your kind words regarding the staff and cleanliness of the hotel. We do hope you visit us again the next time you are on this side of the pond.

Reviewed 2 September 2013

It's a very nice newer HIE, with exactly the amenities you would expect. The staff was friendly and my room was ready on time. I will say that I agree with the traveler who spoke about the high piercing wail of the shower -- that'll drive you nuts. I think it may be less about the hotel and more about the quality of water in town. You are on the Eastern Shore, after all, you're not going to get "city water." For some reason, there was no interior liner in the shower in the room I stayed in and consequently water went right though the fabric shower curtain and onto the floor. So, all in all, hotel quite nice -- bathrooms need some work. Breakfast fine. Super EZ check-in & check-out.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Chuck V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chestertown, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2013

Dear miscrambler,

We thank you for taking time to complete a review regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We appreciate the information of areas in the bathroom that need our attention. We value our guests comments and we strive to make improvements to ensure your next visit with us is flawless. Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to seeing you the next time you travel to Chestertown.