Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chestertown
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Chestertown
Baltimore, Maryland
“Pretty Good”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

The front desk staff was pleasant, and check-in was a breeze. The room was okay, although the lights on one side of the bathroom mirror didn't work. The bathroom itself had a heavy odor of mildew, although none was visible. Sound-proofing wasn't great, so noisy neighbors at midnight were not appreciated. The free hot breakfast was generous and pretty good, as far as those things go. It just is a shocker to pay a total of $185 (after taxes) for one night in one of these places, but it was all that was available.

Room Tip: 107 is pretty near the reception area, so may be a little bit noisier than those on the upper floors...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lynn W
HIEChestertown, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chestertown, responded to this review, 10 August 2014
Dear Lynn W,

Thank you for your review. I am sorry about the inconvenience you experienced with the bathroom as well as the noise. I will definitely look into the mildew. I appreciate you bringing these issues to my attention as I would like to get them taken care of as quickly as possible. I am happy to hear you had a good check in experience with our front desk staff and that you enjoyed our breakfast. Please stop by and visit us soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
drgrossman
Reviewed 30 July 2014

The desk clerk is VERY friendly and very helpful. I would give this an Excellent rating because of her. However, the rooms need attention. The first room we went to 335 had a broken toilet. It was obvious that someone tried to fix it but gave up and it was never taken out of service. The second room 338 was a non-smoking room that someone smoke in and housekeeping used so much chemical that it was horrible. The third room, 305 was fine with one exception, I picked up the telephone to tell the desk clerk that everything was fine, but then I noticed the telephone had brown stick goop on it. This got on my face and was also on the handset and the phone. Don't worry housekeeping, I cleaned it for you. I took a photo (See attached). Housekeeping and maintenence need addressing in this hotel. Dissappointed, but I would stay here again because the desk clerk was so nice. I just hope the second stay here is better.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank drgrossman
HIEChestertown, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chestertown, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Dear drgrossman,

We value your feedback and would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review. I deeply apologize for all the issues you experienced with our rooms during your stay. I can ensure you that your comments will be forwarded to the proper departments for necessary action. Set aside the issues, I'm pleased to hear about our front desk staff. On your next visit to Chestertown, I hope you can give us another try!
Plano, Texas
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We checked in at 9:30 PM on Friday. Check in was quick and easy. After that, we had to parked in the back of the hotel and enter through the back door. Neither of our keys worked on the door (thus a "4" for the overall rating). Luckily another guest let us in. The room itself was clean, roomy and updated. Which is why I booked this hotel over the Comfort Inn (while $70 cheaper, it looked old and outdated) and spent more money! The bed was perfect and the pillows were very nice (they offered firm and soft options). The only "negative" is that my friend's key stopped working the next morning and it had to be reprogrammed. The next day we didn't return from our swim race until noon, and the hotel was kind enough to let us check out at 12:15 instead without complaint. I didn't eat the breakfast so I have no comments on that. Overall it is a nice hotel and if you ask me, worth the extra money to have a new, clean room, with a nice bed and pillows.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Karen H
Smethport, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I have only encountered 1 HIE that wasn't comfortable and clean, this hotel is very nice and I will go there again when the time comes. We didn't go in but the indoor pool looked welcoming and clean, the breakfast was the standard at these chains. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom was clean. The area is limited for restaurants but you don't have to travel too far to find bay area restaurants or get to the Dover Downs.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Wayne F
York, PA
Reviewed 14 May 2014

We brought a group of high school students to this hotel on a weekend in April. Very good group rates. When we arrived, one of the rooms was not cleaned and it was replaced by a clean room. After that everything went smoothly. Will stay there again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
FFX Va
Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights to attend a wedding and was pleasantly surprised to find such a beautifully decorated, high quality (bed linens, towels), comfortable hotel room. Desk staff helpful, breakfast attractive, and coffee delicious. Definitely a step above the usual HI.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank WanderlustyFFXVa
Princeton, New Jersey
Reviewed 20 February 2014

For many reasons: We had to change our reservation from 2 nights to 1, and we were only charged for the one night. They were gracious hosts to our son's (very well behaved) college lacrosse team. Front desk was responsive and available. The room and overall facility was very clean and in good repair. The location is convenient to the college, the town, and shopping for misc shopping (drug store, snack, etc.). They accommodate pets for a small additional fee. And last, I accidentally left something in my room after check out, and when I called, Chuck, at the front desk, went to find it while I stayed on hold. Then they sent it UPS and I rec'd it the next day. He was just as gracious as you would be if someone had left something behind when they were visiting your home. This is our second stay at this facility, and we will be back, and recommend!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank HappyMom2014
Chuck V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chestertown, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
Dear HappyMom2014,

Thank you for expressing your gratitude regarding your recent stay with us. We understand the stress of traveling and we try to make every guests stay as accommodating as possible. Thank you again for the kind words and we look forward to seeing you and your son's lacrosse team again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chestertown
Quality Suites
Sleep Inn
#4 of 4 in Grasonville
Best Western Kent Narrows Inn
Brampton Bed and Breakfast Inn

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chestertown? Share your experiences!