“The place to go for lunch or dinner in Chestertown!”
Review of The Fish Whistle

The Fish Whistle
Ranked #5 of 46 Restaurants in Chestertown
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 23 June 2014

We had a rehearsal dinner at The Fish Whistle and found it to be one of the best dinners we have ever had. The bacon-wrapped scallops were absolutely perfect. Additionally, the owner catered the wedding dinner the next day and again, everything was excellent. The restaurant is located right on the Chester River and has wonderful views. Casual dress is fine. We recommend it without reservation.

Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

My husband and I decided to drive south through the eastern shore and Fish Whistle was our stop for breakfast/brunch. We had 5.00 mimosas and my husband had the frittata and I had the Belgian waffles. Both were good. We sat out back and were entertained by the view and a boat full of people who had to be towed in. Unfortunate for them but hilarious for us watching the teenagers jump in to the cold water. Staff was friendly and service fairly quick.

1  Thank Lvttx
Reviewed 5 June 2014

My friends and I stopped by The Fish Whistle after a camping trip on the coast. I was favorably impressed by the food, including calamari and a crab cake sandwich. I'd stop by the place again if it weren't hours away. :)

1  Thank republicofheaven
Reviewed 30 May 2014

The view sitting out back was lovely. We rode here from Wilmongton on the motorcycle, lovely ride. Not the best of service. Asked for drwan butter with our peel and eat shrimp and it took asking twice and fifteen minutes to get it and when it came it was some infused butter that had something sweet in it? Why? Our meals were ok, not great nor not bad, nice presentations for sure. Over all enjoyable experience but no wow factor. We will be back to Chestertown for sure to explore the historic old town but do not think this is worth a second visit but who knows, maybe.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

We dined at the Fish Whistle last night, to celebrate a birthday. We were extremely disappointed with the food quality. The seafood tasted as if it had sat out and been re-heated, nothing tasted fresh. I am not a picky eater, and I work in the food industry myself, but was forced to send my food back. The services was great, and our waitress was understanding as she took the dish off the bill. For such a great location it is a shame the food is so poor. We will not be back to eat.

1  Thank JuliaCook5