“Best Bed & Breakfast on the Eastern Shore!!”

Brampton Bed and Breakfast Inn
Ranked #1 of 11 Chestertown B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 9 May 2011

Best service I have ever received, they think of everything!! I cant wait tto go back again and again!!

Room Tip: I recommend the private cottages!!
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jjmom01

Reviewed 6 May 2011

I'm not one of those women who has dreamed of their wedding from the time they were a little girl. When my now husband Greg proposed back in October of 2010, I didn't really relish the thought of planning a wedding. I procrastinated in my usual fashion, until one day late winter, very early spring I decided to do some poking around online. Quickly frustrated by pricing, overload of options, and lack of "all in one" places with the type of feel I was looking for... I went back to procrastinating.

I shook off my first encounter, and then began doing some more research and I happened onto the website of the Brampton Inn. (don't ask me how, the fates were with me all the way) It was perfect. I knew I was having a small wedding, I immediately called the Inn and spoke with Danielle about visiting the location and speaking with her about what there was to offer.

I went for the initial visit, and what struck me most was how warm and inviting Danielle was upon meeting her. I walked around, she showed me the grounds and I began imagining what it would look like under the flourishing colors of spring. I brought Greg back to check the place out with me that weekend, and left placing our deposit. The rest, as the saying goes is history...

My wedding weekend was everything I could have hoped for and more. The weather was perfect, Danielle, Michael, Simone and Sophie were the most gracious hosts. I felt as though they anticipated my needs before I had to ask. The Olivia's Cottage was laid out so thoughtfully from the japanese soaking tub in an enclosed patio as to not get eaten by mosquitos, to the dark face cloth for removing makeup (instead of using a white one). The room came with a book on how to use the multi feature shower, and whirlpool bath. There were refreshments in the refrigerator. The breakfasts were delicious, beginning with fruit and a baked pastry and then a warm savory dish to finish with really good coffee to boot! The food during the wedding was delicious and the cake was covered with real buttercream icing (no crisco - actual, lovable, tasty, delicious butter). The tea, and cookies in the middle of the day were lovely. My wedding guests felt comfortable, and kept asking how I came across the Brampton Inn... I could only reply that it was the best accidental finding of my life.

I wish I had words enough to express to Danielle & the rest of the staff at the Brampton Inn for giving me the best wedding memory I could have asked for, to me they're now like family. I'm so thankful that my husband and I have such an amazing place to return to for anniversaries to come. Thank you again from the bottom of my heart!

Room Tip: The cottages are outstanding!
2  Thank JenniFarrar
Muffinh, Owner at Brampton Bed and Breakfast Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2011

Jenni and Greg,
You are the best! I have the best job in the world and folks like you are the reason why.
Thank you so much for your kind words.
Danielle

Reviewed 28 April 2011

My wife and I got engaged here, stayed here on our honeymoon and celebrated our anniversary here. We cannot think of a more relaxing, romance inducing atmosphere. Im counting the days to our next stay at the Brampton Inn.

1  Thank krisfunk
Reviewed 24 April 2011

If B&B is what you are looking for -look no further. We personally preferred newly-built cottages, but main house rooms offer that distinct historic flavor which B&B are meant to have. Breakfast is out of this world and the grounds are beautiful and well-kept. All praising reviews are 100% true.
They'll tell you that Chestertown (1 mile away from the inn) is a quiet sleepy town and it is indeed. Historic sleepy towns are not our thing, but we enjoyed driving range at the local golf club. There is plenty to do in the area: horseback riding, boating, fishing, etc.
For dinner we highly recommend Kitty Night's House restaurant in Galena. Maryland dining at its finest. Live music and pleasant marina views.

Room Tip: Cottages have hammocks and swings
1  Thank apetr011
Reviewed 22 April 2011

There comes a day each Spring when the world seems perfect. It coincided with our stay at Brampton. So well landscaped with Redbuds, Dogwoods & Viburnum in bloom. The beauty of nature was equaled by the gorgeous rooms, top chef quality breakfast & superb grace & friendliness of the staff.

1  Thank pnads
Reviewed 19 April 2011

The third time at the Brampton was as fantastic as the first. Relaxing, enjoyable, and the best breakfast anyone would want on a getaway weekend. The attention to detail was wonderful! A truly superb inn which you will be sure to visit again, is next weekend too soon!

• Stayed: April 2011
Reviewed 13 April 2011

The Brampton Inn is a rambling bed and breakfast outside the very charming town of Chestertown,Maryland. The innkeepers are extremely friendly, helpful and enjoyable to spend time with. The breakfasts were excellent and the tea, wine or sherry with cakes and cookies in the afternoon are a welcome addition. We stayed in the Fairy Hill suite over two cold and miserable weather days. The heat was a bit iffy and the stairs a bit difficult to negotiate, but otherwise quite comfortable. We were given excellent restaurant and site-seeing recommendations. We would recommend the Brampton without hesitation.

Room Tip: Speak to the Innkeepers
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chestertown
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chestertown
#1 of 10 in Rock Hall
The Inn at Mitchell House
The Inn at Mitchell House
#4 of 11 in Chestertown

Been to Brampton Bed and Breakfast Inn? Share your experiences!