“Amazing!”

Brampton Bed and Breakfast Inn
Ranked #1 of 11 Chestertown B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 13 May 2008

This whole trip was a surprise to me, I woke up Sunday morning and was told to pack my bags by my boyfriend. I had no clue where we were going, as we pulled up to the B&B I was pleasantly surprised, it was so well manicured and absolutely beautiful! Just when I thought I saw the best of it we were escorted back to the Mulberry Grove cottage by Rita one of the Inn keepers. The cottage was amazing and so well built. You were surrounded by a privacy fence and the parking pad was a barn from the 1800's. The cottage had everything you could possibly want... A Japanese soaking tub on your private outdoor porch, a steam shower, whirl tub, fireplace, hammock.... The list is endless. They even delivered breakfast to you every morning! This was one of the most romantic places I have ever been and I will continue to go back there every year.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Reviewed 22 April 2008

If you enjoy peace and quiet with elegance you'll love the Brampton Inn. My husband and I had a marvelous, pampered experience from the time we booked our weekend getaway to the day we checked out. You enter the property meandering through flowering bushes and trees and are greeted by the site of a huge plantation style house with a wrap around porch with comfortable furniture and two porch swings on either side. Entering the front door, a large staircase leads upstairs to lovely rooms within the main house or you may stay in one of several cottages as we did. No noisy kids, yapping dogs or lawnmovers to disrupt your thoughts or your sleep. Relax in the library or on the front porch with a gentle breeze caressing you while you enjoy a cup of tea, a glass of wine, a bottle of beer or soda provided 25/7 along with the most decadent homebaked goodies that seemed to magically replenish themselves. Thank goodness, because my husband couldn't resist eating them. Breakfast was a special, incrediable event with several options you could choose from every morning. Not a buffet, but cooked just for you and served on fine china. The charming historic town of Chestertown had much to see and do. We really enjoyed Play It Again Sam's coffee house - it was the happening place to be- great lunch selections you could enjoy in doors or at the sidewalk tables and you have to have dinner at the Brooks
Tavern which in in a restored mill. We caught a play "Blythe Spirit" at a VERY old theatrein Church Hill and the actors were outstanding. You will love your experience staying at the Brampton.

Stayed: April 2008
Reviewed 20 April 2008

We just got back from 3 nights at the Brampton....an absolutely wonderful place to getaway. Stayed in the Fairy Hill Suite which was a quite comfortable and unique with a downstairs sitting room and upstairs bedroom connected by a spiral staircase. My wife and I (almost 50 yrs old) are veteran travelers, staying in bed and breakfasts a couple times a year and would defintely plan on returning...it's a very quite and relaxing place. Lot of nice amenities like free cookies, popcorn and beverages during the day. In town, recommend Andy's and Brooks Tavern for dinner. Host's also set up a tee time for us at the local country club which was very nice...$60.00 per golfer for greens fee and cart. Go to Annapolis (about an hour drive) for a nice day trip. Highly recommend doing the walking tour of the naval academy which is right in the seaport area.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 April 2008

My wife and I felt that this was one of the best b&bs we had stayed in. The room, grounds, and view were all beautiful and serene, and the innkeepers went out of their way to cater to us. The breakfasts were delicious and the town of Chestertown has some good restaurants and enough shops to keep one busy for a day or two.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 April 2008

The Brampton Inn and Bed and Breakfast is a lovely and pastural site. Our room was very comfortable and inviting. The surroundings around the inn were aesthetically beautiful. The Inn was well decorated, warmly put together and very home like minus the responsibilities. Breakfast in the AM was delicious and not to be surpassed. Rita's brownies with dried cherries and oatmeal butter crust began our evening with sweetness. We recommend the inn for a personal getaway.

Stayed: April 2008
Reviewed 9 April 2008

We have been guests at the Brampton Inn for the last five years and are planning for number six this coming October. During our visits we have stayed in a number of the guest rooms and have found them all to be comfortable and beautifully furnished.

All the common rooms including dining. living and den are warm and inviting. The breakfasts are not only home made and very tasty but also provide excellent choice. The afternoon teas offer a generous choice of home backed cookies and cakes.

The grounds are park-like and well kept. Chestertown is only a short ride away; and is an interesting and walkable town with its art galleries and shops.

Above all, the owners and the hostess at the Brampton Inn are warm, friendly and accommodating people and have made all our stays a most pleasant experience.

1  Thank Rigaman
Reviewed 26 March 2008

My wife and I had a free night this week and booked one night here. We have stayed at many very upscale inns and B&B's. This place is totally relaxing, and has a lot of extras you will not find elsewhere. The fireplace in the bedroom was awesome. Wireless web was very fast, great bedding, whirlpool, heated towel rack, beer and wine for the guests, etc, etc. I would encourage anyone considering a stay here to go for it--you'll love it!! Rita, the innkeeper, was superb without being over bearing. John H.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chestertown
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chestertown
#2 of 11 in Chestertown
The Inn at Osprey Point
The Inn at Osprey Point
#1 of 10 in Rock Hall

Been to Brampton Bed and Breakfast Inn? Share your experiences!