“Great Drinks, Great Service, Good food”
Review of Mi Cocina - CLOSED

Mi Cocina
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Welcome to Mi Cocina where everything we offer is hand-crafted and made fresh daily using authentic Mexican cooking techniques and the finest ingredients available. You'll love our Tex-Mex menu from our famous, homemade salsa to our mouthwatering, hand-dipped enchiladas. You can taste the freshness and quality in every bite. Relax in our comfortable stylish surroundings with one of our legendary Mambo Taxis® served by our family of warm, friendly and professional staff. It's our honor to serve you!
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I'm not a big Mexican food guy, but my daughter likes this place and we went as a family afterher college graduation. It was a perfect spot. Chips and salsa great, food good, really good Margarita's and very friendly and attentive srevice.

All the staff is great, and I thought the food , especially the shrimp, and cerviche appetizer was good and reasonably priced. Nice atmosphere and they vaildate parking. Outside seating as well. try it.

Reviewed 17 May 2014

I don't trust Open Table - plus it costs the restaurant money to use it - so I called for a reservation for 2 people. "Sorry, we only take reservations for large parties." Show up at 6:45pm only to be told, "sorry, we're booked solid." We were offered a small table in the bar area but the music was so overpowering we had to get out. Not a good first impression, and with so many other choices, why would we return?

Reviewed 16 February 2014

I've been to Mi Cocina several time for lunch. The restaurant is very nice, and very clean. Service is always excellent. However, this is Chevy Chase; the menu is pricey for what you get. The lunch menu entrees are not worth the price. I am vegetarian, so I always order the quincanera salad with no meat. It sounds a lot better in writing. In reality, I got a cup of chopped lettuce, tablespoon each of avocado, jicama and mango. That's $10.95. They should make more of an effort to be a little more generous with the portions. Chips and salsa are very good.

Reviewed 28 December 2013

Wow...where to start..I took my parents who were in town for the holidays expecting a fabulous lunch..could not have been more wrong! My father ordered the beef brisket tacos which were stringy, dry and barely edible, my mother had the chicken tacos which were really dry as well, no fresh flavor and just blah! I had the fish tacos, they consisted of two SMALL, TINY pieces of fish that were over cooked..I can't imagine they have a long future serving this kind of awful food. The prices were high, which would have been fine, if the food warranted it, but that was not the case. Needless to say this will be our last visit...really unfortunate because it has a great vibe and it could have been excellent. If Mi Cocina is reading these reviews, please get a new chef or work with the kitchen crew to get this restaurant up to par!

Reviewed 24 December 2013 via mobile

It started by my asking if they had any Mexican beers and the reply was no. I later discovered the drink menu listing several. The brisket tacos were great and the timing was good. After dinner we were told they do not have ant hot teas and the desserts choice limited because "something happened in Dallas." I guess Dallas is headquarters. Whatever- it is a great location.