“great for private 10-35 parties” 3 of 5 bubbles

Alfio's La Cucina D'Italia
Ranked #14 of 32 Restaurants in Chevy Chase
Price range: US$2 - US$29
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Delivery, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Tell City
“great for private 10-35 parties”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2013

We had a special gathering and Alfio's gave us a room to ourselves which was great. The food was very good and the salad bar was great. The décor was very nice.

• Visited August 2013

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Like the food but there wasn't ambient atmosphere...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2013

It's special day for my spouse and I for Valentine's Day 2013. My spouse made the reservation and the waitress had given our table request which was nice but not enough privacy. Perhaps it was their busy night. Not enough room for me to move my chairs without bumping other people's chair. I did enjoy the quality of their food, tastefully done. I didn't feel the romance there because I couldn't wait to finish my food and got out as soon as I'd finished eating - there's no ambient atmosphere for me there. But at least, I'd the private moment without any interruptions from our children as they're not with us. If they've accept food delivery, I will probably just done that. The place killed my mood. I am sure that I will find a better Italian restaurant other than this.

• Visited February 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Elk Grove
“High-class dininfor Groups”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2013

We have been patronizing this fine Italian restaurant with 8th grade groups for years. Away from DC but convenient stop when combined with The Washington National Cathedral. Tsao's, the owner, is a delight and friend of ours. We have groups of 100+ annually at his restaurant in Chevy Chase. Salad, bread, spaghetti or lasagna, and Neapolitan ice cream along with all-you-can-drink beverage. Well under $10 each. Amazing...and its good. Excellent service, fast and friendly. This is the place.

• Visited March 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank ahagemyer
“Average Food, good service.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2012 via mobile

The location and service is great, but the food was average. I enjoyed my entree, a special of the day - flounder florentine. My wife's penne pesto was only so-so. However the portions were large and the desert good.

Germantown, Maryland
“Very Good Italian Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2012

I love the 4 cheese pizza. Get it well done and add Riccotta cheese. It is excellent. Food is good and service is usually good. Close to the office, I eat here at least twice a month.

Prices are okay. Service at lunch is reasonably quick.

Visited October 2012