“Pleasant stay!”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Chevy Chase
Hanover
“Pleasant stay!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

We stay at this Eco friendly hotel as often as we visit Washington DC. It is convenient and if you stay over a weekend, it is very reasonable. The rooms are very clean and the beds are very comfortable. Although our room faced the road, it was very quite. As far as the food goes, it may not satisfy everyone, but it is adequate. As soon as you step out from the hotel, there are many eating establishments that would satisfy the most demanding palate. For a small daily fee, the parking garage is also very convenient! Staff is always very helpful,

Thank you!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SpudJasmine

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

We held a business networking event at the Courtyard's outdoor terrace and found the management and staff to be very professional and accommodating. Food and beverage got high marks from attendees and I would highly recommend them for similar events.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Marlton, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

This was our third time at this hotel...my husband and I stay here when we are visiting the sights in DC...wonderful location in Chevy Chase, with lots of upscale stores and restaurants within walking distance, and a five minute walk to the Metro, Friendship Heights (Red line) We have enjoyed our stays here every time, parking is pretty good for the area at $15 a day in the garage, and we have enjoyed in the past special dining packages that included free breakfast in the restaurant downstairs as well as champagne and candy :) All in all, very relaxing spot when you need a break from all the crowds in the monument/Smithsonian area.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank KristaK1977
Flourtown, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

We were here on Friday and Saturday nights for a wedding nearby.

The staff was extremely friendly and courteous, especially the front desk. The bed was comfortable. The fridge, the sofa, and the abundance of outlets were real pluses. The only negative was with room service. My wife ordered a grilled cheese sandwich with bacon (in the sandwich). The cheese was barely warm, and certainly not melted. And there was no bacon. We would have called room service back but when you're really hungry and one person has their food all hot and in front of them, sending the other person's sandwich back and waiting longer for the other person's meal is not appealing.

The room was cozy and comfortable. We had a king bed, which really felt like 2 twins pushed together. Ons side was not as soft as the other, so my wife found one side comfortable and the other side uncomfortable.

We LOVE all the power outlets, including those next to the bed on the light fixtures. The room is narrow-ish. Serviceable small sofa with a lamp. TV was okay, 32". Movies were VERY expensive, up to $16 per rental!

There are a lot of posh shops across the street, including Louis Vuitton, Tiffany's, and Cartier. There's also a Whole Foods 2 blocks away, for decent and inexpensive carry-out or fruit and groceries. Definitely cheaper than the "Market" at the front desk.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Mdbrownmd
Troy, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

I would definitely stay here again, although I’m not a fan of cities, and $220 seems an absurd price for a Thursday night room (it dropped by about half for the weekend). Otherwise, this Courtyard made me about as comfortable as I could be so close to D.C. congestion. I also dislike parking in underground caverns, but I realize that’s pretty much unavoidable in cities, and I never felt unsafe.

The room was a little small but very well-appointed, including good photography on the walls. The friendly, competent clerk who checked us in (we joked about being Geminis—I never got her name) offered a view of Wisconsin Ave. or a quieter view of basically nothing on the other side of the hotel. We took Wisconsin Ave., and from the ninth floor, I heard zero street noise, plus having those miniature cars and people far below to look at. The sofa, the mattress, the wireless internet, and the flat-screen TV were all good. The in-room coffee was stronger (the way I like it) and more flavorful than the stuff I find in most lodging.

The most pleasant surprise was the good food and service in the hotel restaurant. In two meals there, we had omelets, salads, the club sandwich, a burger, and chicken parmesan with fettucine; all were very good and reasonably priced by city standards. If you’re tired from travel and commotion, you can have a very decent, quiet meal without leaving the hotel.

Room Tip: I was driving, and from Wisconsin Ave., I always had to look hard for the entry. It's fairly inc...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank BANJO H
Sunnyside, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

I stayed at this hotel for three night for a conference. It was decent. The gym was very small and it felt packed with just 2 people in there. It's about a 5 minute walk to the metro. The staff is very friendly which is a plus.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Doylestown, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

My third or fourth visit here. Ideally located for business, shopping and restaurants, albeit a little high in price. Wasn't the usual cheerfull reception on arrival and given I'm a Gold Rewards member, little if any recognition. That's unusual for a Marriott. I requested a King bed and they gave me two queens and also gave me the room next to the elevator.

Didn't eat in the restaurant, but did have a glass of wine, which was $9. It was very average, served in a strange shaped glass.

Maybe I'm being too picky here but it didnt seem to come up to the usual Courtyard standards this time.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
#5 of 11 in Bethesda
Hyatt Regency Bethesda
#7 of 11 in Bethesda
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,532 reviews

Been to Courtyard Chevy Chase? Share your experiences!