“Don't eat here”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Chevy Chase
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Don't eat here”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I have stayed at many marriott hotels - the food was a big let down - obviously not a focus for marriott. The location is nice - I am not looking for Morton's - however I expect more than a cheap diner.

• Stayed August 2014
2 Thank Tomhender
CYCC, Director of Sales at Courtyard by Marriott Chevy Chase, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear Tomhender,
Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our location but was very disappointed that we fell short when it came to our food. I would be very happy to hear from you if you would like to share the specifics of your experience in our restaurant with me. I can be reached at the hotel at 301.656.1500. A. Harris.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Pataskala, Ohio
Reviewed 1 August 2014

My husband and I stayed here while we were moving. The hotel was clean and well appointed. It was obviously recently renovated and the decor was perfect. The beds were comfortable and the air conditioner was very good. The hotel was eco-friendly and that appealed to me. The staff couldn't have been nicer, from check-in to check-out. The breakfast was okay. The hotel is a couple of blocks from the Metro Station so would be perfect for family vacations and business alike. The area is walkable with plenty of restaurants and shopping. We will stay here again and if it is representative of other Courtyards, they have two new customers.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank traveler60California
CYCC, Director of Sales at Courtyard by Marriott Chevy Chase, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
Dear Traveler60California, Thank you for your review and for being new customers of the hotel! I know from personal experience how difficult moving can be so I am happy that we were able to exceed your expectations during your recent stay. I hope that your move was a smooth one and that you come back for a visit when you get settled in! SIncerely, A. Harris
Reviewed 1 August 2014

I've stayed there 3 separate times in the last month. Very convenient to the DC area. HIGH end shopping at your doorstep. Mall-like restaurant chains in walking distance. Nice little restaurant for breakfast--maybe other meals-but we didn't utilize.

1 Thank Tasuther
Dear Tasuther, Thank you for your stays with us this past month. Your review of our hotel is greatly appreciated. The next time you stay be sure to try the flatbreads for lunch if you are in the hotel at that time - they are my favorite! Sincerely, A. Harris
Kendall Park, New Jersey
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I stay here almost once per month as my client's offices are down the street. I like the indoor parking and the restaurant food is surprisingly good. The staff is always friendly and, if you need one, there are taxis stationed right outside.

The fitness center is small, but I never have trouble getting on a treadmill.

My one complaint is that the A/C units have motion sensors on them, so they turn off during the night and my room gets too warm (and you can't open a window in most hotels anymore). I'm all for being environmentally friendly, but I can't sleep when it gets too warm. I end up using nothing by the top sheet (no blanket). The thermostat is supposed to sense the motion of you moving in the bed... it doesn't. I've even asked if engineering can override it for me (there's got to be a computer somewhere in the hotel that can do that).

I want to give this property a higher rating but I have trouble getting a good night's sleep when I can't keep the room cool.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the back of the hotel are quieter as they don't face the main street in front (Wisc...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Alan B
CYCC, Director of Sales at Courtyard by Marriott Chevy Chase, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Dear Alan B, Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am very happy that you enjoy our hotel but am so sorry that you had issues with your HVAC unit. The motion sensor only detects the initial entry into the room which starts a cycle. After that the sensor is not active. We can turn off the cycle so that the unit is on manual control for you. It won’t come on automatically when you first arrive but you can turn it on and operate it manually for the duration of your stay. Please be sure to let us know at check-in if you would like us to do this for you.
Acton, Massachusetts
Reviewed 13 July 2014

This is the second weekend within one month that we spend in this hotel. It is very clean, offers friendly service and has a good location. The area is very nice, access to public transport is easy. I would highly recommend it. Great value for the price.

1 Thank Ivan N
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 9 July 2014

This hotel was clean, the service was excellent and the rooms were up to date. There is a mini store with food items which was nice. Breakfast was very good. The location was great as it is a few blocks to the Friendship Heights Metro Station and just a few blocks over the D.C. line. We have stayed in this area several times and this is by far our top pick of hotels.

1 Thank Amstorer6
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Was in the area for business. Hotel itself is pretty nice. Nothing over the top but comfortable. The fitness center is rather small but i was able to get my run in. There is an outdoor pool which I didn't use but seemed to be decent. Free internet was nice. Food was decent in restaurant. Also a lot of nearby options.

Only criticism is that each unit has an individual Air Conditioner unit which is kinda loud.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Bethesda Court Hotel
#6 of 11 in Bethesda
Hyatt Regency Bethesda
#7 of 11 in Bethesda

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Chevy Chase? Share your experiences!