“An Amazing Restaurant”

Great Sage
Ranked #1 of 29 Restaurants in Clarksville
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Great Sage is anything but common, featuring a bold menu inspired by exotic flavors from around the world, using organic ingredients to nourish the body, and providing a warm, earthy, yet romantic atmosphere perfect for any occasion. Great Sage seeks to provide the highest quality gourmet foods created from only plant-based sources.Great Sage opened in June of 2004 as the third business to be added to the exciting new venture called, "Conscious Corner" in Clarksville, MD. Owners Jeff & Holly Kaufman and Jody Cutler began Conscious Corner in June of 2000 with Roots Market, an independent natural and organic market catering to the gourmet and natural foods enthusiast.
Reviewed 24 September 2013

Before becoming a vegan I loved fine dining and really missed not being able to go out for that special meal. That was until we discovered Great Sage. The food is of such high quality with incredible seasonal variety. Some of the best meals of my life have been at this restaurant. My favorite started with the artichoke spinach dip, so delicious. There is no way one can tell there is no cheese in this dish. The grilled hearts of palm crab cakes were amazing. Ending the meal with the chocolate lava cake and coconut ice cream made the whole meal incredibly special. Because it is a long drive for us, we now go for all our special occasions; anniversary, birthdays, and friends from out of town.
I love this place and wish there was one closer to us.

Reviewed 23 September 2013

As I write this post I am craving food from Great Sage. My friend was kind enough to drive me to this restaurant while I was in DC for a conference. It is nice going to a place and not having to worry if the food is vegan. The food was delicious my friend had the spring rolls and the roasted tomato and creamed spinach crisp. I had the seitan arepa and hearts of palm crab cake. We split a mac and cheese and a chocolate lava cake. My friend loved the food and she is not vegetarian. This is a restaurant you could take anyone too. I can't wait to go back to DC so I can again to Great Sage.

Reviewed 12 August 2013

We made the trip to Clarksville for brunch to celebrate my vegan daughter's birthday. The food was delicious. You would never guess the spinach artichoke dip was vegan - it was yummy and garlicky. The hearts of palm "benedict" would have been better without the tofu scramble and with more spinach. The carrot cake was fabulous. Make sure to get there early for Sunday brunch. The place was packed when we left. I do wish they would open another location in Baltimore!

Reviewed 18 July 2013 via mobile

My wife is a vegetarian and she wanted to try it out. I have to admit I was a bit skeptical. I enjoyed the food and the staff were very pleasant! We will come back again!

Reviewed 24 June 2013 via mobile

I absolutely loved everything about our dining experience at Great Sage! My only complaint is that there is no Great Sage in my hometown of Cleveland! I will crave their Tempeh Reuben for years to come.

purplepotatoe, Manager at Great Sage, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2013

Thanks for the great review Wendy! We love meeting travelers and are so happy to be a destination restaurant to those looking for healthy vegan food! The Tempeh Reuben is by far one of our most popular sandwiches and hopefully you will get a chance to try some of our other favorites on your next visit! We even have an all vegan brunch Sunday mornings from 10am-3pm with specialty pancakes and tofu quiche. Hope to see you soon!

Been to Great Sage? Share your experiences!