“Tasty from a non veg point of view”
Review of Great Sage

Great Sage
Ranked #1 of 27 Restaurants in Clarksville
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Great Sage is anything but common, featuring a bold menu inspired by exotic flavors from around the world, using organic ingredients to nourish the body, and providing a warm, earthy, yet romantic atmosphere perfect for any occasion. Great Sage seeks to provide the highest quality gourmet foods created from only plant-based sources.Great Sage opened in June of 2004 as the third business to be added to the exciting new venture called, "Conscious Corner" in Clarksville, MD. Owners Jeff & Holly Kaufman and Jody Cutler began Conscious Corner in June of 2000 with Roots Market, an independent natural and organic market catering to the gourmet and natural foods enthusiast.
Reviewed 4 March 2014

It is lovely to have a healthy yummy option in town. Great lunch spot to meet friends. Although I'm not a Veg, I do eat healthy and appreciate knowing what is in my food.

Reviewed 3 March 2014

I took my daughter out to eat here last week as she is a vegan while I am a big meat eater. While I thought the treat would all be for her, I found myself enjoying the food even more than her. The ingredients as very fresh. I was intrigued so decided to get the German sausage with greens, sauerkraut and German potato salad. I do not like what I call"fake meat" but the sausages were actually made with parsnips. They were out of this world good and smothered in a tasty homemade German mustard. I am allergic to airy and really appreciated having a delicious, gooey desert and hot chocolate smothered in whip cream. I also had an organic German pilsner that was quite tasty. I have read other reviews that say it is overpriced, but I actually thought with the freshness and care given to the food it was good value for the money.

1  Thank Slingerrob
Reviewed 2 March 2014

My husband and I have been having meals at Great Sage since it opened. They have consistently delicious and innovative selections. We are neither vegetarian nor vegan, but eat organic, fresh foods. They have live music with half-priced wines one day per week; now offer three small plates with wine pairings, (add a soup and some bread, and this is a delightful and filling meal); and, have lovely "special occasions" by reservation only, like Valentine's Day.

1  Thank Reggie64
Reviewed 22 February 2014

What a gem of a little restaurant! I'm not vegan but eat mostly vegetarian by choice. I've eaten here a few times and each time was delighted by the variety and hearty choices. If you are a vegan or vegetarian or just want to expand your boundaries outside of meat, this is the spot to try.

1  Thank Sandi M
Reviewed 17 January 2014

My sister is vegan so she suggested we go. Great news, there is a Roots Grocery in the same shopping center. Food was fantastiic. I had the thai dish and she had the crabcake. Both were good.