Sleep Inn & Suites Clear Spring
US$64
US$90
US$80
QualityInn
Super 8 Hagerstown/Halfway Area(Hagerstown)(Great Value!)
US$66
US$62
US$122
US$60
  • Restaurant
All reviewshot tubyogurtextra blanketswhite tailchoice hotelsindoor poolwould stay here againroom was cleanski areafree breakfastgood nights sleepcommon areasmake your own waffleswhitetail ski resortparking lot ishot breakfastfitness center
Reviewed 22 January 2013

This hotel was recommended by our ski instructor from Whitetail Ski Resort. I read the online reviews and saw the pictures before I made reservations. Every person I spoke to from the hotel, from reservations to the front desk, was very nice and helpful. So I was very hopeful.

The room smelled like smoke and the carpet was sticky and just generally filthy, which made everything else in the room suspect. I confirmed with the front desk that we had a nonsmoking room. Had we arrived earlier and knew the area better, we would have switched hotels.

The pool and hot tub was full of screaming kids and the water looked green, as if it were a mixture of chlorine and pee. It looked so bad, my two small kids, after a look, decided to skip the pool. A wise choice because we talked to others skiers the next day, whose kids were still itchy after being in that pool.

We figured we were there to ski and decided to use the hotel as nothing more than a place to sleep. Not surprising there were unsupervised kids running around until after 10pm. Perhaps it was because our room was in the corridor next to the pool. At one point in the night around 10:30pm, I went outside and found two boys (about 10 years old) playing hide and seek in the hall. I asked them where their room was and they scampered away.

The only redeeming quality of this hotel was its staff. They need to air all the rooms and get their carpets cleaned. I still icky from the carpet.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the pool area
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Jeff H, Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Clear Spring, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2013

Sorry to hear about your stay but I would like to speak with you over the phone about your issues. If you have time please call the property and ask for Jim or Matt. We look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 7 December 2012

Needed a room for the nite so reserved a room there at an incredibly reasonable $78 for a king room with microwave and mini-fridge. Very convenient location right off the interstate. Staff was very helpful upon check-in and the hotel was immaculate.Seems like fairly new construction but plenty of evidence of good housekeeping. I will definitely stay here again. Complimentary breakfast was pretty good to boot. It was set up 15 minutes ahead of schedule too!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Lowxtreme1, Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Clear Spring, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2012

Lou C.,

Thank you for your kind comments. We try extremely hard to provide the best stay for every guest and provide all the comforts of home.

Thanks again.

Brian Le Platt

Reviewed 3 November 2012

Stayed here. Checked in about 8 pm after 12 hours on the road. Apparently the guy in the room next to us thought my two year old was a little loud and called our room directly and threatened us. Complained to front desk and they turned his phone off. Guessing this made him mad because he proceeded to pound on the wall. Another trip to front desk and clerk said only option was to give us another room. Ended up leaving and getting a full refund. Left message for manager to call me and never recieved call. Called the corporate office to report.

• Stayed: October 2012
Lowxtreme1, Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Clear Spring, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2012

Edbell,

Please accept my apology for the problems that you incurred during your stay. I did get a message to contact you, which I did and left several messages. I would like to discuss this issue more in depth with you at a time that is convenient for you.

You can reach me by phone at 301-842-0290 or by email at gm.md217@choicehotels.com

Thank you.

Brian Le Platt

Reviewed 1 November 2012

Due to Hurricane Sandy, we lost power & were forced to stay in a hotel. The Sleep Inn was a perfect fit. They were even able to accomodate our Golden Retriever. Our room was clean & offered a microwave, refrigerator & safe. The bed & pillows were very comfy. Most important, the hotel was extremely quiet....never heard a peep out of any of our neighbors. The hotel offers a pool, so pack your swim suit. The breakfast was more than we could ask for....bagels, muffins, doughnuts, waffles, omelets, sausage, fresh fruit, yogurt & beverages. Having to leave your home under these circumstances is never easy, but the Sleep Inn was a true savior. Highly recommend & would return in a minute.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank gottatip
Reviewed 28 October 2012

Our family and crew were racing at Hagerstown Speedway and needed the closest hotel to the track, since I'm a choice hotel employee at another Sleep Inn it worked out perfect! Staff was welcoming and perfectly fine with the trucks and trailers parked in the end lot. Plenty of parking, super clean and very spacious and cozy rooms. Along with everything else, the breakfast was also perfect, this hotel had everything that anyone would want with there breakfast in the morning. Very friendly front desk staff as well. Definitely will be back when racing at Hagerstown again.

• Stayed: October 2012