“2nd stay here”

Sleep Inn & Suites Clear Spring
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Clear Spring
Reviewed 13 April 2014

for our 2nd cruise we decided to stay here again. we also brought 2 other family members with us. everything was just as nice as the first trip. we asked ahead of time to put us away from the vending machines and elevator, and they did just that. rooms were nice and clean, and we slept pretty good. there was even a bus load of people who arrived of about 30 people, but we did not hear a sound. i used the exercise room, and it served its purpose and is kept clean. our guests ate the breakfast, and said it was good. we will continue to use this hotel each year for our mid point stay over for our cruise. only downside is our shower had almost no water pressure (room 230). it took a long time to rinse! the other room had great pressure.

Room Tip: mention that you want away from the elevators and vending. kids are racing up and down the halls.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Management732, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Clear Spring, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

Thank you for coming back and visiting our hotel. we are glad to have you back with us. I will remind the staff to monitor kids in the hallways.

Reviewed 20 March 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights March 7 and 8 to ski at Whitetail. The hotel is fine, and the rooms are well equipped except that the bedding is very thin. The bedtop "comforter" and blanket are very thin and were not sufficient for someone who likes the weight of a few blankets when sleeping. There were no extra blankets in room. I went to front desk the first night and asked for another blanket. The clerk told me that there were NO extra blankets in the entire hotel because "guests steal them." When I protested and asked if all the rooms were booked and could I have a blanket from an unoccupied room, she told me "they were getting full" and I could not have another blanket. I have often asked for an extra blanket at hotels and have never been told that they had none. I also thought it was rude of the clerk to say that guests steal them and that's why they don't have any. I didn't appreciate being addressed like I was a criminal. I asked another clerk the next day for a blanket, and was also told they didn't have any, but she was much more sympathetic and polite; a third clerk at check-out told me she would have at least offered me another set of sheets so I could have some weight to the bedding.
My suggestion to hotel mgmt. - if guests are stealing the blankets, then put a sign in each room informing guests that any items taken from rooms will be charged to their credit card. And then enforce it. Isn't this how other items are handled (e.g., coffee makers, hair dryers?). And please stock some extra blankets so we don't suffer.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the back side which is away from the highway and has a nice view of the countrysid...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RudyPumpkin

We are in the process of replacing the bed linen with Sleep Inn's new brand standard. I wanted to thank you for writing a review since it's important to hear back from our guests.

Reviewed 4 March 2014 via mobile

This is all you need while traveling so much on the road : a warm welcoming manager, a quick check in, a nice spacious room, good wifi service, fridge and microwave, comfortable bed and large flat screen tv...

And did I mention nice and clean bathroom with powerful shower :-) - Also decent, not great, but still ok, breakfast...

Thanks!

And with the current Choice Hotels promo (until May 2014), all choice hotel members are getting enough points for a free night when staying in 2 different hotels (2 stays in 2 different hotels = points for free night) pretty awesome; right? I'm personally using the points for air miles and gift cards :-)

• Stayed: March 2014
Management732, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Clear Spring, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

Thank you for writing a review on our property. I will share your comments with the housekeeping staff.

Reviewed 2 March 2014

This proved to be the perfect little hotel to stay at within a 15 minute drive from Whitetail Ski resort. Very clean, modern and typical hotel with a great free breakfast. When we arrived to check in at 1:30am, front desk staff was friendly and checked us in quickly. Would highly recommend for a ski weekend!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our property. We are proud of our property and will share your comments with the staff. We hope to see you back in the future.

Reviewed 27 January 2014

I stopped by on my way returning from two days of skiiing at Whitetail. I had originally thought to just check the hotel out for a future trip. However, I liked it so much I decided to stay rather than drive back to DC late at night. After a nice soak in the hot-tub, swim, sleep, workout, and breakfast I was glad I did.

The previous night, I had stayed at the Whitetail Mountain Inn that adjoins the ski resort and had paid over $160 for a room that while ok room that had a very noisy ventilation system that kept me up all night as well as no amenities (hot-tub, indoor pool, or breakfast). I was therefore impressed by this modern hotel at a significantly lower price (ask for the skier special) just 8 minutes from Whitetail.

I was not disappointed, and have since been recommending this place to everyone I know who skis at Whitetail (which was also very nice).

The internet was free, although it did take me a few minutes to figure out -- it didn't appear to work at first until I figured out that it had opened a separate screen behind the screen I was looking at that contained a terms of service agreement. Once I had gotten past this stumbling block, it worked great throughout the hotel.

The room (a single King) was a nice size -- perfectly fine for one or two. It had modern furniture that was perfectly designed for the room.

And the beautiful hot tub, huge pool, workout room, free breakfast, and just 8 minutes to Whitetail make it perfect for a ski trip. No more one-day skiing round-trips for me - I'm either going to go the night before or stay over the night after (or both).

The hotel service was also excellent - friendly and accommodating.

Enjoy

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Management732, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Clear Spring, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to write a review on our hotel. You are right it's a beautiful hotel that offers many amenities at a great price. There aren't too many hotel that you can get a good night sleep like you can here. We hope to see you in the future.

Reviewed 11 December 2013

We were on our way home from Harrisburg, where we were spending our vacation for the weekend and as we were traveling home it started snowing really bad, we were going to stick it out at first, since we only had an hour to go, but it got worse, so we decided to check into this place and glad we did. The service was quick for check in and we got ourselves a very nice room. It was very clean and pretty good sized for a non suite, the room was nice and clean and log on for the WIFI was easy as well. The pool was pretty and also very nice as well. The breakfast was very good. If worse comes to worse again coming home from a trip we would stay here again. Oh, and if you're a skier or snowboarder and would like to stay at a nice hotel I recommend this one since it is only 8 miles from Whitetail Ski Resort.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Ashleigh C
Management732, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Clear Spring, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our property. You are correct we are the perfect property to get snowed in with. You can take advantage of sitting in front of our fireplace on cold evenings if you get tired of hanging out in your room. We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed 28 November 2013

We stayed at this motel back in June/13 and found it to be clean and comfortable. So we stayed again this month, November/13. We found the beds to be comfortable and the motel quiet. We got up early as we had to travel on south. They have a deluxe continental breakfast from 6-9. I was going to have a waffle but the mix looked like it had separated so I decided on something else. Coffee was good and we took a cup to go in our travel mugs. I recommend this motel although it was a bit out of the way for us because we were travelling I-81. We could not get onto the internet and the woman at the desk tried to help us but she could not get our laptop to complete the connection either.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Management732, Owner at Sleep Inn & Suites Clear Spring, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

We are glad to have you staying with us again and hope to see you in the future. You are correct it's a very quiet hotel. The waffles are always a hit with our guests.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Clear Spring
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Hagerstown
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Hagerstown
Best Western Berkeley Springs Inn
Best Western Berkeley Springs In...
#1 of 4 in Berkeley Springs
Quality Inn Spring Mills - Martinsburg North
Sleep Inn & Suites Hagerstown
Sleep Inn & Suites Hagerstown
#15 of 21 in Hagerstown
Quality Inn & Suites Hagerstown

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites Clear Spring? Share your experiences!