“A surprisingly very nice place to stay!”

Sleep Inn & Suites Clear Spring
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Clear Spring
Reviewed 9 August 2014

I have stayed at this Sleep Inn several times since it first opened. The beds and pillows are very comfortable. The continental breakfast is adequate. The setting amongst fields and small town is quaint. But the thing I like most is this-It has never lost it's new hotel look. it is very clean-any nook and cranny you might peer into-the furniture also looks as new and it is just a very nice place to stay at a reasonable rate. It has a nice hot tub and indoor pool. The pool is not as warm as I would like the pool area is immaculate.

Room Tip: I have never heard other quest in any room I have stayed and I have been on all 3 floors at one time...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Management732, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Clear Spring, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2014

Thank you for your kind words on our property. We take pride in making sure we look like we did when we opened a couple of years ago. The pool is very clean and refreshing.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

We happened upon this place by accident and what a pleasant surprise. Relatively new w/nice pool/spa and outdoor patio next to pleasant field. Comp breakfast. Workable fitness center. Family-owned and operated - very friend. Close to C&O bike trail, historic sites and lots of hiking. Great for families. Not far from Hagerstown mall, mega movie theater and restaurants. Easy "back way" access on U.S. 40 which runs through town. Found on Hotwire, so great value. Posted rates are not so great.

Room Tip: Sits on a small hill surrounded by mountains and countryside, so all rooms have a view and quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Management732, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Clear Spring, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

You are write it's very peaceful in Clear Spring with easy access to Interstate 70. We consider ourselves to be a hiding treasure with a nice country setting. I will share your comments with the staff.

Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel because we were visiting Berkeley Springs and it saved us 30 dollars a night. Just to let everyone know, there is absolutely nothing to do in Clear Springs, there are a couple blocks of abandoned homes, a McDonalds and two gas stations, so you're going to have to go to another town if you want food. Besides that our room was clean, our only complaint was that our toilet was broken, but it wasn't the big of a deal. The staff was nice and the bed was really comfortable. All in all we were happy with our stay.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for reviewing our hotel. We are a very affordable hotel that has a lot to offer to travelers. I will share your comments with our staff.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

I was traveling via Rt. 81 from Georgia to New Jersey and chose this as a stopping point. Clear Spring is a town of about 400 people in the middle of farmland. There may be a couple of places to eat there, but I was traveling with my dog, so fast food is usually my chosen option. There is a McDonald's next to the hotel, but I picked up Subway when I left the highway. There is one right at the exit. The hotel is several easy miles from the exit. I walked my dog through town and was surprised to see several buildings posted as uninhabitable. Of course, I googled it and found they had a bout of severe flooding in the area in June 2014. The Sleep Inn is on high ground and was not impacted. I got a great rate for this hotel on Hotwire and my review is based on the value I received for the money I paid. Since this is the only hotel in Clear Spring, if you book via Hotwire, this is where you will be staying. It was clean and updated. The room was quiet. I didn't use the indoor pool, but it looked clean. The staff was friendly and there was no extra charge for my small dog. I arrived around 3 and the parking lot was pretty empty, but it filled up as the evening went on. Breakfast was nothing special, but I am a bagel and coffee girl, so it suited my needs. I enjoyed walking the little town and would stay here again if traveling through.

Room Tip: There are particular rooms reserved for travelers with pets.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Management732, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Clear Spring, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. You are right Clear Spring is a very nice town to go out for a walk. We hope to see you back in the future.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

After a very long drive I was looking for a place to park my head. I picked up one of those travel discount guides at a rest stop and the Sleep Inn was in the right spot for us.

I arrived at 3 am, the front desk lady got me in promptly and without any problems.

The room was fine, not a stand out but the room was reasonably priced even more so with the discount. The breakfast was good. The room was comfortable and clean.

Checked out without a problem and was on my way.

It was a very short stay but I was happy enough that I would stop in there again if I was in the area.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Management732, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Clear Spring, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and will share your comments with the staff. We do have some local restaurants if you are ever coming through the area again.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

This was the second time we have stayed at this hotel during our travels through the area. It's not really close to any restaurants other than McDonalds. The common areas and our room were very clean. The staff was friendly and helpful when needed. Breakfast was fine. There were a few negatives which a traveller should be aware of- the pool was very cold, the hot tub was so loaded with chemicals that it made multiple guest's eyes water & burn (desk gal was informed), and there is a very loud siren nearby that did go off 2 separate times - we live in a train town, so we were able to block that sound out. We would recommend this hotel, and will most likely stay there again during our travels that way.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment on our property. We have corrected the pool temperature and thank you for bringing it to our attention. I will share your comments with our staff. We look forward to having you stay with us in the future.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

We were travelling through PA and had intended to stay near Carlisle but all rooms were taken as it was a car show weekend plus college graduation. This hotel was recommended to us by a young lady who worked at a hotel in another city. Thank goodness for her!!! Great hotel!! Clean room and a comfortable bed after a long day on the road. Thankfully it was in our line of travel also. I would definitely stay here again if travelling through the area.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Management732, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Clear Spring, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

We appreciate your kind word on our hotel after having to drive the extra distance due to everything being sold out. We hope to see you in the future and thanks for sharing your comments with us.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Clear Spring
Hampton Inn Hagerstown
Hampton Inn Hagerstown
#1 of 21 in Hagerstown
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Hagerstown

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites Clear Spring? Share your experiences!