“Just passing through on our way back to Florida”

TownePlace Suites Clinton by Marriott at Joint Base Andrews
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Clinton
Reviewed 28 August 2014 via mobile

The hotel appeared to be clean. We checked in after midnight I believe, staff was very friendly. I wasn't too impressed with the breakfast buffet they were offering. Our room was clean. Nice hotel. We only stayed 1 night while we were driving back home to Florida. Wasn't sure if it might get kind of busy being close to the base. But, it seemed pretty quiet, we were thete on a Friday night.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Letsgomets05

Reviewed 24 July 2014

Room was a good size, clean, good wifi connection, nice workout room. I did find that the rooms could be a bit more sound insulated, but otherwise no complaints. A/c worked well (which was a bonus as the a/c at a previous hotel was not working well). Plenty of parking. My only complaint would be the lack of food options nearby, which is really not a complaint about the hotel.

Room Tip: I think as long as you are away from an elevator you should be good.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank UMS
Gayle W, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Clinton by Marriott at Joint Base Andrews, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Thank you for your nice comment. We take pride in what our guest say.
We love suggestions and new ideas. We do take all comments back
to the table and discuss how we can better accomadate our guests.
Please come see us again. We would love to for you to stay.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

We stayed here because there was no pet friendly lodging available on Joint Base Andrews during our move. Upon arrival we were upgraded to a two bedroom suite. We stayed here with two dogs (they were given treats by the front desk staff). Pets are only allowed on the first floor which works great. The room had a full kitchen (oven/stove/microwave/full refrigerator/sink/coffee pot). Morning breakfast is decent. The hotel has a pool/hot tub, but there was a lifeguard sitting right next to the hot tub when I went in so it was a little awkward especially since no one else was there. It is literally two minutes away from the base (Virginia Gate). It was very clean and we were entirely happy with our stay. The only downside is we could hear a lot of traffic from our room on the first floor, far left side.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with minimal traffic noise. Rooms on the right side are quieter.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Brittany M
Reviewed 5 January 2014

My stay here was right before New Year's. I stayed on points purchased and the staff were great! At check in, the manager, Gayle, was extremely busy, as she was the only on on staff at the time. The phones were ringing non stop and she had two guests to check in. Not only was she swamped, but she remained very pleasant, extremely professional and did not skimp in her help and assistance to potential customers calling in or to those waiting to check in. Although this is what you would expect to see in customer service, you don't always see this, and for her professionalism and friendliness, I was very impressed. My room was clean and comfortable. Breakfast was very nice and there were several options to choose from. Overall my stay was great and I will definitely stay here again. Not only was Gayle very helpful, but the overall friendliness of all the staff (front desk and housekeeping) was very, very welcoming and appreciated.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 September 2013

This was a great place for a brief stay during a hectic wedding weekend for our granddaughter. great location, well-kept, comfortable, and well suited for extended stays. A breakfast bar helps get the day started right.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Joe_M_28269
Reviewed 24 August 2013

Although located near Joint Andrews base, this hotel is a hidden gem. From check-in to check-out, the customer service was excellent. The entire staff was so friendly.

The rooms have a small kitchenette with full-sized refrigerators. They have an indoor pool with tons of water toys and even a basketball hoop on one side of the pool. They even have a game room with a Wii for the kids. The breakfast area is better than most I've seen. In addition, they have lots of rocking chairs out front.

For security, the hotel and parking area is completely secured. It even has an access gate that is activated by your room key.

If you're a Marriott Rewards member, your points go a long way at this property. It's the best deal that I've ever come across in the U.S.

A special thanks to Angela for going out of her way to make our stay so wonderful.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank 534sp
Reviewed 4 August 2013

We had a King room with a small kitchen. Very clean and well appointed. A few small things that really didn't have a negative on our stay but I will bring them up. The tub drain wouldn't stay up so I jammed a bar of soap under it and not all the TV channels that were listed on the paper would tune in. Just the upper ones. Wild horses couldn't drag this out of me because I don't want the person fired but one of the people working at the hotel asked me if I would give them a ride home after work. I told them I would be sleeping by then after a long day. I never got friendly with anyone at the hotel so I found this pretty strange.

Room Tip: We liked the room to the right and used the back entrance.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank JasonRavennaOhio
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clinton
Comfort Inn at Joint Base Andrews
Hampton Inn & Suites Camp Springs/Andrews AFB
Colony South
Colony South
#3 of 4 in Clinton
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Camp Springs (Andrews Air Force Base), MD
Holiday Inn Express Washington DC East - Andrews AFB
Woodspring Suites Washington DC Andrews AFB

Been to TownePlace Suites Clinton by Marriott at Joint Base Andrews? Share your experiences!