“Home away from home...:)”

Comfort Inn at Joint Base Andrews
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Clinton
richmond
“Home away from home...:)”
Reviewed 29 November 2012

This is a perfect location, less than 2 minutes from Andrews AFB, easy access to 495, downtown dc and metro. The time I entered the hotel, I was greeted with smiling faces and warm cookies, the staff went over and beyond catering to my needs. They have afternoon socials, giving you a variety to choose from. The waffles are great , and they even serve bacon and eggs . The rooms are spotless, and the beds are beyond comfortable. I’ve stayed with this Comfort Inn many times, and with each visit they find new ways to surprise me. I recommend this hotel to all my family ,friends and co- workers when visiting the D.C area.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Beverly H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed 29 August 2012

Extremely friendly front desk staff here although the maids took some warming up to after a day or two. The semi-gated parking was nice. The walls were a bit dirty, I'm not going to say what I think I saw that had been smeared upon mine. Dead crushed bugs in the corners and near the front door were a bit unsettling too. Perfect access to the freeway.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
California
Reviewed 18 July 2012

So...third time here at the Comfort Inn....we've decided we really like staying here....They have a nice breakfast and even put out food (and a glass of wine!) for dinner. The staff is really friendly, and they go out of their way to make you feel at home and welcome. The rooms are clean...never had had a problem with noise or anything...They just really work hard at providing a nice place to stay.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 April 2012 via mobile

That a pleasant surprise. The location allows for easy access to DC attractions. The staff us extremely knowledgeable and friendly. The rooms are clean and contemporary, the gym has free weights, a universal machine, and tread mills, they have a happy hour, and a fantastic breakfast. Again, the staff makes this place, along with fresh baked cookies! Will definitely stay at this hotel again.

Stayed April 2012
1 Thank Scifchic
Commack, New York
Reviewed 22 January 2012

They say that a good staff begins with the management. I believe that's true, and Charlotte at the Comfort Inn at Andrews AFB is an exceptional human being and manager. Her staff is just delightful.

My son stayed at this location for an extended period of time. He said the staff was caring and friendly, and when my husband and I visited him and stayed there we were happy for our experience, and even more, for our son's. The facility is clean, warm, friendly and there was always a hot cup of coffee and a warm smile for us. We plan to stay at this location again when we visit Washington, DC, which we hope will be soon.

Exceptional! Stay there and commute to your destination if need be. You won't be sorry!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank margaret g
Elgin, Illinois
Reviewed 16 January 2012

My family & I are missionaries & we travel all over the US on a weekly basis. We have seen the best & the worst of the hotel industry, and the Comfort Inn @ Andrews AFB has been one of the best if not the best place we have stayed. You might think it's just another hotel in the chain, but from the day we arrived until the minute we left, we were treated like VIP's. We stayed for a 6 day period, & the staff from the General Manager to the cleaning ladies, have been nothing short of amazing! I would recommend this to any military personnel staying in the area. So accommodating! Waited on us hand & foot! Definitely "red carpet" treatment. Customer service makes or breaks it in this industry & I am completely satisfied with this hotel!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank James P
Burlington, Vermont
Reviewed 1 January 2012

Stayed here on business and was very pleasantly surprised. Room was very new, well appointed, clean, and comfortable. Nice size TV, clean bath, and good size closet with lots of shelves for storage. Staff was always friendly and courteous. Price was very good (especially for DC), and the included hot/cold breakfast made it a GREAT choice. The staff also provided hot/cold hors d'oeuvres nightly. Not a whole lot of restaurants in the immediate area, but plenty if you can drive 30 minutes. Make sure you take the time to eat at Texas Ribs and BBQ on Old Branch Ave at Woodland Lane, just a couple blocks away. Really good BBQ. Pizza delivery available from at least two places. I didn't use the gym, but it looked nice. Not the greatest neighborhood, but I wasn't afraid for myself or my car, and it was just a block from the Joint Base Andrews Virginia Gate. Overall, a really great place!

Room Tip: I stayed in the "new" section, which I'm guessing had been built/upgraded more recentl...