“Staff is super nice!!!” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Econo Lodge Andrews A.F.B.

and 1 more site!
Econo Lodge Andrews A.F.B.
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Clinton
“Staff is super nice!!!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2013 via mobile

The place was over priced.The hotel lacked a lot. The staff was awesome!!!!
They carried my stuff upstairs while rest of my crew were at work. Always happy to bring towels. They went out of their way to be helpful even got pans and dishes for the kitchenette.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank conniegail

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Wichita Falls, Texas, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2012

This is one of the least costly hotels in the area, and it shows. I found the staff to be borderline rude, the TV was fuzzy, (could not get ABC at all). If you can afford a better place I would recommend doing so.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank Steven T
New York City
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2012

I took a large group of students there for one night during a trip to DC. As I had several bad experiences with a few other places for the group stay, this hotel pleasantly surprised me. The staff are pleasant and helpful. The room equipped with microwave oven and refrigerator is clean and nice. The assistant manage who handled our case was able to offer us a reasonable group rate. The only shortcoming I found is the continental breakfast, which only has very limited choices.
Highly recommend it to the travelers who look for a decent place with reasonable price. We will definitely stay there for our next DC trip.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank moonNewYorkCity
durham, nc
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2010

the room & the motel weren't nasty, but overall the place was run down. the refrigerator in our room, was next to the old non-functioning unit. the room had a small kitchenette area,but I wouldn't have prepared food in it.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank motomatt
pasippany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2010

I have stayed with family and friends for visiting some of area. The staff was very helpful and service was great. Comfortable rooms. We enjoyed our trip with family and friends while staying over here.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank LbenNJ
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2009

As I had no plans to go anywhere during this 4th of July long weekend, I didn’t book any motel or resort. My wife insisted going to DC to see Fireworks along with my 2 year old son. Now I had no option left but to start looking out for last minute reservation. Rooms in DC around 5 miles were not available. There few choices available for around 10 miles option and this motel was one of them. As I had my 2 year son with me it was very important for me to find a place which is conveniently located as well as it is clean, secured, cozy and should be able to get basic needs around the place. I ended up calling few of the places from that list and was turned down way they answered my call. I was somewhat satisfied with this place, ended up doing my reservation over here as didn’t wanted to take any chance.
I was suppose to start my journey early Friday but was late and was not able to start before 5 from home in New York. With all the traffic and stopovers I reached motel around 11.30 PM. Lobby was decently decorated and front staff was behind the glass wall. Front staff took care of registration and was courteous enough to guide me to my room. Room was designed and decorated as per any standard mid range motel. Good part I liked about the rooms was unlike any other place this room had textured paint and big window giving you ample of sun light. Beds in my room were comfortable with new linen. I felt that room was recently renovated. I had my room in middle of the lobby, so entering from the middle door was easy and convenient for me. I was happy to see that middle door had access card door locks, keeping intruders or unexpected people out. Overall I was very happy my stay at this place. It is for sure that next time instead of paying high price for the motel in DC, I would prefer staying at this place where I could save some money as well as I get the same comfort which I get paying more.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank Eddieisgr8
Charlotte, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2007

This place gives the Econo Lodge a bad name and it is all due to terrible service. The Choice Hotel chain should consider removing any affiliation with this dump. The family running the place makes it clear they are in charge. They set the room rates from behind inch thick bullet proof glass. The neighborhood is not that bad, but if the way they treated us is a common example, I can see why they need protection . We were in Clinton with a family reunion. Our whole family stayed at the Econo Lodge. :-( Every family member paid a different room rate, depending on when they checked in and the mood of the young man at the front desk. I presented him with a coupon you find in Denny's traveler books and before I could ask him about the room, he made sure I knew none of "those rooms" were available. "Of course", I said. Our family was charged anywhere from $79 - $150 for their room. We entered the room and it smelled. I turned on the AC, which worked and noticed the window was open! This seemed a strange "arrangement" the hotel may have had with locals. The "security" doors where unlocked all night. The "breakfast" was Fruit Loops and milk. The "maid" knocked on our door in the morning. I opened the door and pulled the "Do not distrub" sign from the door and quizzically asked her, "I wonder what this means?" The bed was comfortable. The shower was scratched. The TV remote batteries fell out because there was no cover. The TV worked. Should I go on? It was bad. There grade - F.

• Liked — Leaving
  • Disliked — Staff Members
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled with family
      Check-in / front desk
4 Thank NJOYNC2CA
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clinton
Comfort Inn at Joint Base Andrews
Colony South
Colony South
#3 of 4 in Clinton
TownePlace Suites Clinton at Joint Base Andrews
Super 8 Camp Springs/Andrews AFB DC Area
Red Roof PLUS+ Washington DC - Oxon Hill
Hampton Inn & Suites Camp Springs/Andrews AFB

Been to Econo Lodge Andrews A.F.B.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Econo Lodge Andrews A.F.B.

Property: Econo Lodge Andrews A.F.B.
Address: 7851 Malcolm Rd, Clinton, MD 20735-1713
Region: United States > Maryland > Clinton
Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Kitchenette Wheelchair access
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Clinton
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:2 star — Econo Lodge Andrews A.F.B. 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Choice Hotels, Expedia, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Econo Lodge Andrews A.F.B. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Clinton Econo Lodge