“great play, so-so food”

Oregon Ridge Dinner Theatre
Reviewed 23 November 2013

We went about a week ago to see the play, The King and I. We had never been to this dinner theatre, so we weren't sure wht to expect.

The building is located in Oregon Ridge park. There are signs directing where to go when you are driving in.

Doors opened at 6:00, which was when we arrived. We probably could have came closer to 6:30 or 7:00. The food was okay, not terrible. They had roast beef, fish, chicken and vegetables. We were also served a salad. Some pies and cookies for dessert. All the food tasted like it was frozen or from a can, but we were there more for the play anyway.

Drinks were not included, so we had water. They did serve beer, wine and soda, not sure about the prices.

About the play... We really enjoyed the performance. The actors were great and enthusiastic. Afterwards they walked around shaking hands and talking with the audience. It is sort of a theatre in the round, maybe a theatre in the horseshoe. All seats had a good view and were close to thestage and the action of the play.

Overall it was pretty good and we will probably go back. The food and ambiance at Tobys in Columbia is a little better, but they are more expensive.

Also be prepared your tip your waiter/actor 15% of your drinks and ticket.

3  Thank Jen F

Reviewed 22 March 2013

I have the opportunity to rate Oregon Ridge dinner theater from the perspective of both a paying customer and as the mother of a performer in one of the shows.
I will start by saying this is absolutely the dirtiest, most disgustingly filthy place I've ever seen. My daughter rehearsed there for weeks and in that time, NOT ONCE did they vacuum the lobby. There were dead bugs littering the floor. It was shocking! I was very tempted to bring my own vacuum from home because it was so uncomfortable to even sit down. The theater itself is unbelievably dark and oppressive looking. The building is in complete disrepair and the whole place needs a serious overhaul. I've never had the opportunity to see the kitchen, but I cannot imagine it being any better.
As a paying customer, my husband took me to see Phantom of the Opera. It was horrendous in every way... food was gross and the show was so bad that we still joke about it to this day. Not because the actors were bad--they did the very best they could with the script they were given. But Oregon Ridge must not have obtained the rights to the show, so every song was kind of similar to the broadway play, but different enough to be laughable. It was embarrassing and certainly NOT worth the money. I honestly wouldn't go again even if it were free,
I ended up pulling my daughter from the play because of these reasons and I'm happy I made that choice.

15  Thank FourInMaryland
Reviewed 9 July 2012

Average buffet food. Caliber of shows varies dependent on cast, but generally well done. No resident company.

Reviewed 30 June 2012

So fun to see our local actors work. Food is okay. Been three times and food the same each time.

Reviewed 4 January 2012

I have been to this dinner theater several times. I particularlly enjoyed Jesus Christ Superstar, and Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat. The Phantom of the Opera was fairly good but I have seen much better productions. The advantage of dinner theater is that you can be up close to the actors. The food is served buffet style. It is fairly bland. However they do give you all you can eat. There are appetizer, salad and multiple meat offerings. There is also desert.

1  Thank divermom3