“BEST BBQ EVER!”

Ranked #1 of 90 Restaurants in Cockeysville
Price range: US$7 - US$25
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Our Family has nearly a century old tradition of serving "Serious Barbecue." Andy Sr. Learned his labor of love from his dad, 'Guy Nelson' - Chief Barbecue Man for Limestone County, Alabama. In the 50's, Andy & Betty were not only attending Memphis State, raising a family, and sighting the real Elvis, but they were also developing a BBQ style all their own, integrating the spiciness of Memphis BBQ with the Old Nelson Family tradition. Andy's not famous for his championship years with the Baltimore Colts; he's famous for his hickory smoked BBQ. Ask Andy and he'll tell you that one of the secrets is slow cooking. Our BBQ is smoked many hours over Hickory logs until it falls off the bone, then simmered in our own heirloom sauce. Regularly voted "Baltimore's Best BBQ" by the staff and readers of Baltimore Magazine and the City Paper, this is one "Q" you won't want to miss. So let us take you and your guests down the Ol' Mississippi with great "Q" and maybe a little Elvis background music (streamed from Andy's iPod, of course). We recommend adding some of our Extra Fixin's to compliment your meal. We have been providing the Maryland area residents with the Best BBQ in a family atmosphere for over 30 years. We have been delivering quality BBQ to our local community and have never lost sight of what "The Best Q" means to our family and our guests. When it comes to BBQ, we make sure that everything is always made from scratch and everything always tastes perfect. I guarantee it! -Andy Nelson
Bel Air, Maryland
“BEST BBQ EVER!”
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Andy Nelson's has a very famous following. It is straight up amazingly delicious!!! the ribs, the corn bread, the mac and cheese, the beans, the bbq wedges, the chicken, the briskets, everything just everything is amazing! Everytime I go I usually get awesome service as well; however, my most recent visit there was a very obnoxious host at the front that was so loud about the dumbest things. I work at a restaurant myself so I was so close from snapping and asking why she thought she could act like this at another persons' restaurant. The sh** was saying had just made me curse for the first time in a review. Other than that Andy Nelson's is the best BBQ I have honestly had since visiting Kansas City! Great job guys!

Abingdon, Maryland
“Delicious food, great atmosphere, local feel”
Reviewed 12 July 2014

We love going to Andy Nelson's! Great menu with plenty of BBQ classics. We love the brisket, collards, corn bread and mac n cheese!

Towson, Maryland
“Great food and fast service.”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Great food and fast service. It was very clean and a polish place to eat. You can smell your food and the sweet tea is really good as well. I would tell everyone to go back and get a bottle of the barbecue sauce to take home.

ROCKLAND
“Never disappointed by Andy Nelson”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We moved to Maryland in 2012, having never had such awesome Bar B Q in our lives. Now, when friends from out West come to visit, the highlight of their vacation is a trip to Andy Nelson's Bar B Q. Simply stated they have the best food, best service (from friendly staff) and best 'down home' atmosphere around.

• Visited June 2014
Westminster, Maryland
“Always puts a smile on my face”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

A visit to Andy Nelson's BBQ always puts a smile on my face. I know I'm going to get a great sandwich, most recently the jumbo southern pit beef, or ribs with some fine sides (spicy BBQ beans, red potato salad, mac and chesse, or collards, yeah!). Every single time it is a pleasure to interact with the staff at Andy's. They are tops! I hope you get Wanda! You know how you usually get disinterested dweebs for counter help at fast food restaurants. None of that at Andy's. They are always anxious to help the next person and get their slow-cooked food to you fast. The casual and nostalgic atmosphere is right up my alley. Most of the time, I carry out from Andy's, but occasionally have the opportunity to sit and relax with friends or family and enjoy the setting and food.

• Visited June 2014