“Could Be Better”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 8 February 2014

Hanami is the only real sit down sushi place in College Park. They have a pretty good selection of food, but it's more expensive than the other places as well- and I wouldn't say worth the extra money either. The service used to be great but the last time I was there it was downright annoying. Servers interrupting conversation, Asking every other minute if we needed something, etc. I get the green tea each time hoping it won't be burnt this time... but it always is.

The upside is that the sushi is decent, as well as some of the other food such as the fried rice, and having a quieter atmosphere to talk. That's really it. I'd rather go to Wasabi Bistro or Kiyoko.

1  Thank Jane A

Reviewed 3 February 2014

Went into Hanami the day after venturing into PHo D'lite in the same shopping center, after having an average meal at Pho, I thought that this sushi would be sub par. To my surprise the sushi was so fresh and tasty. I noticed that almost all of the patrons were of Asian decent when we walked into the restaurant. I always find that to be a very good sign. Both my daughter and I had 3 sushi rolls each and we walked out very satisfied with our meal. I would highly recommend this establishment for sushi.

3  Thank daisyleejamie
Reviewed 29 January 2014

Loved Hanami of College park, flavorful sushi, colorful and fresh. Had the UMD sushi which had red fish eggs, avocado & tempura shrimp. yummy!

4  Thank artytraveller_11
Reviewed 16 September 2013

I was in the area on business, the front desk passed me a menu from Hanami and said a lot of guest liked their food. I was happy they had sushi along with other Japanese dishes. I ordered a rice dish and a roll. They were just ok.

The rice was supposed to be fried in the dish but it seemed as if it were just brown rice. I did not like the grain that was used either. It is not the grain of rice I am accustomed to receiving at Japanese restaurants.

I gave special instructions for the roll because I didn't want something that came with it. That was done correctly. Delivery was timely as well. The cost of the food isn't bad either. I would have expected it to be a bit more costly due to the area.

3  Thank Danie R
Reviewed 21 June 2013

We were suggested this restaurant by American Express. When we pulled up into the parking lot of this not so nice strip center-we thought we better not eat sushi in a place like this.To our surprise, this was the best sushi we have ever had and we are connisours of sushi (we eat sushi at least 3 days a week and frequent Nobu). This sushi was fresh and the most interesting sushi rolls. The service was fabulous and we can't stop talking about how great the sushi was. Highly recommend you stop here and have sushi while you are visiting the Washington/Maryland area. It's. a 10

7  Thank Shawmut18