All reviews beautiful hotel lobby bar bagel place red door spa bagels directly across the street light switches easy walking distance appointed rooms restaurants and bars during happy hour lovely amenities attached garage wonderful addition window coverings within a mile radius luxury hotel
Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

Really can't say enough good things about this hotel, staff and location. We were so impressed by just our first hour there that we immediately extended our stay for another 2 nights.
The staff is extremely helpful and seem very happy to be there. It's on campus so any event at the university, the would be the place to stay. The parking garage has more than enough parking. The shuttle can take you to the metro but we preferred the walk so we could enjoy College Park. Speaking of walking, there is a Target within walking distance along with numerous restaurants. There are 4 restaurants within the hotel property as well. The metro is a 20ish minute walk and a quick ride to all the sites in D.C.
We booked executive level and the snack, drink and light breakfast options were a great benefit. Highly recommend upgrading to executive level.
Fabulous hotel!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Linda W, General Manager at The Hotel at the University of Maryland, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2018

So glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! Thanks for taking the time to leave a review for us! We hope to have you with again in the near future!

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

I recently attended a conference at this hotel. The food was good. The snacks were good. The temperature in each of the conference rooms was comfortable. The rooms were great! The bed was heavenly and the rooms had many modern spoiling conveniences (push a button for everything!). My co-worker and I had taken a very early flight to get to the conference which began later that evening. Knowing check-in was not until 3 pm, our original plan was to drop our luggage at the hotel to be placed in storage and go back into DC to visit the Smithsonian. The gentleman who checked us in (I really wish I would have gotten his name) allowed us to go to our rooms very early which was a wonderful treat since we had been up since 3:30 am. My co-worker was able to go for a run on the beautiful UMD campus and I took a nap! On the day we left, after being in conference all day, I thought I had forgotten my phone charger in the room because I couldn’t find it anywhere in my luggage. I was headed to the airport and my phone only had 7% battery life. This was not a good situation since I needed my phone to arrange an Uber ride and obtain my boarding pass for the flight home. The same nice gentleman who had checked me in, escorted me back to my room to allow me to look for my charger. It was not in the room (which meant it had to be in my luggage...somewhere). He said “I’m going to take care of this for you.” We went back downstairs and he presented me with a brand new phone charger. I offered to pay for it and he told me not to worry about it. I told him that if I found it, I would return this one and again he told me it was no problem and to keep it. Later, I found my charger in my luggage but I was so grateful he removed an issue that was beginning to cause me anxiety. This was one of the most wonderful hotel experiences I have ever had with regard to comfort, kindness, efficiency and luxury.

Stayed: June 2018
1  Thank Dana W

Thank you so much for such a wonderful review! So glad to hear that we were able to accommodate you in you situation in a timely manner. Also thank you for such great compliments regarding some of our features! Happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and cannot wait to have you back!

Reviewed 22 June 2018

This hotel is beautiful inside and out. I loved how spacious the rooms were as well as the lobby area. It's very, very modern with the latest in-room technology (press buttons on a panel to control all the lights and also the blinds & shades). The toiletries were L'Occitane! The bed was heavenly comfortable...I didn't want to get up in the morning at all (and I am an early bird...). Staff, for the most part, were very friendly and accommodating.

My check-in was a bit bumpy though. I traveled by myself and stayed in the room by myself. Yet, the receptionist said during check-in that I had two reservations. I was startled and asked him repeatedly what he meant by two reservations. I had booked two nights. Instead of just re-phrasing what he said he kept saying 'there are two reservations'. After a while, a co-worker came to the rescue and then it also dawned on me whether he meant that there were two rooms booked in my name. That was the case and it was cleared up within one minute, but still, if you work in customer service, you need to be able to explain the same thing in different ways.

The other thing, and I think this is an actual area of improvement: Don't assume all of your hotel guests are coffee drinkers. There is no point in having fiercely modern coffee maker if you have a tea drinker and there are no tea making facilities in the room. The Hotel was nice enough to send out an email beforehand asking whether I had any special requests. I asked for a kettle. However, if you send these emails I do expect a response in any way, shape or form. None of that happened though. Luckily, there was a bagel shop downstairs that opens at 6 am so I could get hot water there.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Linda W, General Manager at The Hotel at the University of Maryland, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2018

Thank you for your review as well as bringing to light possible areas of improvement for the future. However, we hope that you enjoyed your stay with us overall, and choose to stay with us again with tea!

Reviewed 21 June 2018

Beautiful hotel located in a perfect location near The University of Maryland College Park. Luxury hotel with lovely amenities. Rooms are modern and high end. Hotel offers many restaurant choices, plus a full service fitness center, indoor pool and Red Door Spa on premise. Staff is knowledgable and friendly. Hotel also offers a free shuttle service around campus. Cannot say enough great things about this hotel!! All around great experience every time.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

So glad to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and all we have to offer! Also thank you for taking the time to leave such a nice review! We are happy that you continually choose us to accommodate you!

Reviewed 21 June 2018

Rooms are sleek and modern with lovely views of the university. Staff is very friendly and helpful. The shuttle service is fantastic with friendly, helpful drivers. We utilized the shuttle quite a bit getting to the metro and back and to places in the university. Lots of comfortable spaces to chat and hang out within the hotel. No free breakfast, but several restaurants located on site and easy walking distance to more.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business

Thank you for the review! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. Come and see us again!