“Good, Authentic Jamaican Cuisine”
Review of The Jerk Pit

The Jerk Pit
Ranked #6 of 109 Restaurants in College Park
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Cuisines: Caribbean, Jamaican
Description: College Park Island Paradise. Authentic Jamaican Cuisine while enjoying authentic food, full bar, outdoor seating and Music. Open 7 days.
Baltimore, Maryland
“Good, Authentic Jamaican Cuisine”
Reviewed 8 November 2013

The atmosphere in the restaurant is pretty good. I loved the music, and the general friendliness of the staff, particularly the lady who owns the restaurant. I am from Jamaica, and I must say it is not the easiest to find a good, authentic Jamaican restaurant. This is one of them. There is another one that I also frequent, but I digress. The food tastes pretty much how a good cook in Jamaica would prepare his or her meals - the taste is not adjusted to suit another palate.

• Visited January 2013
3 Thank Mich S

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Back to Jamaica”
Reviewed 7 November 2013

The Jerk Pit changed locations but the food and service is the same. Get ready to wait for authentic Jamaican food. It is good and there is a wait. It reminds me of Negril and I think that is good. The food is so good but expect to stay awhile. Cam had goat stew and I had a bite. Be careful of the bones because that is the way it is supposed to be made. I had Jerk Chicken and it does not need more Scotch Bonnet. The shrimp is the same, good and spicy. I will go there again.

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank innerbum1
Washington, D.C.
“great food, great atmosphere and great people make this a great restaurant”
Reviewed 9 August 2013

a group of us from work decided to stop by for lunch and we were absolutely thrilled that we did. although the day was too hot and muggy for us to want to take advantage of the outdoor seating, there was plenty of indoor seating and since we there there on friday and made our selections from the buffet selections, it worked out great. since there was so much to choose from, it required a number of repeat visits to sample it all. there were two types of chicken, jerk and brown stew, a fish dish, vegetables, two rice dishes, corn bread, corn on the cob and what i went back for at least three times, the most incredible macaroni and cheese! toss in a cold red stripe beer and life is oh so good. the owner could not have been nicer or more welcoming and the place had such a wonderful atmosphere. we will certainly be back again.

• Visited August 2013
3 Thank urbankayaker
Akron, Ohio
“Truly authentic food”
Reviewed 25 July 2013

This restaurant was eclectic but fantastic. It is situated in the bottom of a colonial style house, but don't let the location dissuade you from trying their food.
We had never had Jamaican food before so didn't know what exactly to expect. My husband ordered the Curry Goat and Oxtail, I ordered the Jerk Chicken and my 9 year old got the chicken in brown gravy because the waitress/cashier told us it was the least spicy of anything on the menu. My husband said that his 2 dishes were very spicy but he enjoyed both of them. The Jerk Chicken is very spicy so I took off the skin and the meat was very tender an delicious. We enjoyed the red beans and rice and the vegetables that came with the meal were also good.
If you are looking for a new and delicious experience, try the Jerk Pit. It is a great cultural and culinary experience for all ages.

Visited July 2013
3 Thank Mrspinney
Ladysmith, Virginia, United States
“Delicious Authentic Jamaican food”
Reviewed 12 May 2013

The restaurant (HOUSE) was very nice. We really felt like we was in Jamaica when they start playing the music and the food was everything we thought it would be and more.The flavor of the food was very tasteful.The people was very nice and friendly. We ordered the jerk chicken, spicy shrimp,curry chicken and the jerk wings. OMG the cabbage was just the right seasoning and prepared different than what I have had before. Yes we are planning to go back again very soon.

• Visited May 2013