“Finger Licking Good”

The Jerk Pit
Ranked #7 of 114 Restaurants in College Park
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Cuisines: Caribbean, Jamaican
Description: College Park Island Paradise. Authentic Jamaican Cuisine while enjoying authentic food, full bar, outdoor seating and Music. Open 7 days.
Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

I returned from Jamaica and wanted some authentic Jamaican food. My sister recommended this place so we went. They were out of shrimp patties and festivals so I only ordered coco bread and a ting. My sister ordered the chicken platter. Of course being the big greedy sister that I am, I asked if she could dip my bread in her curry chicken. OMG. It was some of the best curry chicken I've ever had. My husband offered me some of his jerk chicken and that was good too. Luckily my husband still loves me cause I dang near tore his chicken up. For someone who's just started eating meat again after several years, I'm happy to be a chicken eater again. Can't wait to go back. Hopefully they'll have my shrimp patty and festivals.

2  Thank tbell2010

Reviewed 12 November 2013

The jerk chicken sandwich at Jerk Pit is second to none. Possible the best sandwich I've ever had, this place does not disappoint. Also try the homemade carrot juice.

2  Thank Fernando J
Reviewed 8 November 2013

The atmosphere in the restaurant is pretty good. I loved the music, and the general friendliness of the staff, particularly the lady who owns the restaurant. I am from Jamaica, and I must say it is not the easiest to find a good, authentic Jamaican restaurant. This is one of them. There is another one that I also frequent, but I digress. The food tastes pretty much how a good cook in Jamaica would prepare his or her meals - the taste is not adjusted to suit another palate.

3  Thank Mich S
Reviewed 7 November 2013

The Jerk Pit changed locations but the food and service is the same. Get ready to wait for authentic Jamaican food. It is good and there is a wait. It reminds me of Negril and I think that is good. The food is so good but expect to stay awhile. Cam had goat stew and I had a bite. Be careful of the bones because that is the way it is supposed to be made. I had Jerk Chicken and it does not need more Scotch Bonnet. The shrimp is the same, good and spicy. I will go there again.

2  Thank innerbum1
Reviewed 9 August 2013

a group of us from work decided to stop by for lunch and we were absolutely thrilled that we did. although the day was too hot and muggy for us to want to take advantage of the outdoor seating, there was plenty of indoor seating and since we there there on friday and made our selections from the buffet selections, it worked out great. since there was so much to choose from, it required a number of repeat visits to sample it all. there were two types of chicken, jerk and brown stew, a fish dish, vegetables, two rice dishes, corn bread, corn on the cob and what i went back for at least three times, the most incredible macaroni and cheese! toss in a cold red stripe beer and life is oh so good. the owner could not have been nicer or more welcoming and the place had such a wonderful atmosphere. we will certainly be back again.

3  Thank urbankayaker