“Slow service, food was average”
Review of Applebee's

Applebee's
Ranked #78 of 107 Restaurants in College Park
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Morristown, New Jersey, United States
“Slow service, food was average”
Reviewed 22 May 2013

We went to applebees hoping to catch a somewhat quick lunch before driving home 4 hours after my brothers graduation. Our appetizers took almost an hour to come out. We were told that our sampler platter had been dropped in the back by another server and it needed to be remade. That didn't bother us too much because we understand accidents happen but an hour to get an appetizer and then we were charged full price on the bill. No visit by a manager or anything. By the time dinner came out it had been an hour and half and we were all grumpy and wanting to leave because we had a long drive ahead of us. The food was just okay, and I had just a few fork fulls and couldn't bring myself to eat anymore. Our original thought was to stop at McDonalds on the way home and we regretted not doing that instead.

Visited May 2013

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Not up to Applebees normal standard”
Reviewed 20 May 2013

Applebees is usually easy, predictable and reasonable value. Not this time. Waited 10 minutes after being seated before seeing a server. Wrong meal was delivered to table (it was a Sizzler just not the one ordered), cooked well done rather than rare and cold potatoes which was the only side...I'd like to say the potatoes were at least lukewarm but really they were closer to cold. It was not busy yet did not see the server again until giving up on eating the meal and stood up to gather things to leave...she then rushed over, presented check, and disappeared again. Mentioned when she came back that it was not what I ordered - this elicited only a 'sorry'. I literally saw my server only when a) she took the order b) brought the wrong food c) brought the check and d) brought change when I paid (which took a while as she apparently was having trouble making change for a $20). Oh, yes, and there was the little boy moving around the restaurant selling boxes of cookies to diners - when I said "thanks, but not today" he still persisted in standing by the table repeating his 'sales pitch' - when I mentioned to the hostess that this wasn't really what I expected during my dinner, and the problems with the food itself, she shrugged and laughed. To be fair I did not ask to speak to the manager - I think the shrug and laugh convinced me there was little point. You will need to pay to park in the lot next to the restaurant - 'feed the meters' as the sign on the door to Applebees reminds you. There are far too many other choices in College Park to ever give this place a second try. There's a diner in town which has much better food, fresh and served hot, and great service so try that instead!

• Visited May 2013
Henderson, North Carolina
“good food”
Reviewed 15 May 2013

Right next door to the hotel we stayed in. Service was great and the food was great. The restaurant was in a neighborhood type setting.

Visited May 2013
Williamsburg, Virginia
“Dirty”
Reviewed 5 April 2013

Yes it was Easter Sunday but at 9:00 they were not busy and was not sure why they said there would be a 10 minute wait. As they took us to our table there was food in the middle of the aisle and I asked if they could possibly clean up the food as I did not want to look at food on the floor while eating. My daughter went to open her menu to find that it was stuck together from food. We kindly got up and left and notice there were 3 waitstaff standing around doing nothing.

Visited April 2013
Coaticook, Canada
“just great”
Reviewed 2 April 2013

Food was excellent, staff was very friendly. The prices were very reasonable, i really enjoyed our dinner there!

Visited March 2013