“Good Stay”

Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in College Park
Clarks Summit, Pennsylvania
“Good Stay”
Reviewed 19 February 2012

This was a quick overnight stay but I was pleased with the stay. Only negative I had was that the wireless in my room was slow but not unworkable. My best experience during the stay was with the guy at the front desk in the morning. Very good personality with a sense of humor and helpful. Everyone at the front desk was friendly and easy to work with.

Breakfast was good. They had hot oatmeal with brown sugar, nuts, and fruit to add to it which is a first for me at a Hampton. Nice touch.

Everything was clean and well maintained. I'll return to this hotel if I'm in the area again.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank bbcreg

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
New Haven, Connecticut
Reviewed 30 January 2012

Was in the DC area for a couple of days for a business summit, and the stay here was pleasant. The bed was comfy, and the continental breakfast was phenomenal with a variety of cereals, fruits, and pastries, and included a make-your-own Belgian waffle station. The train station was a little over a mile away, which made it convenient and more affordable to get in DC without staying in DC, plus there was a mall, the university campus, and a bunch of other great stores and restaurants nearby. Will definitely stay here again when I come to DC for the next trip.

Room Tip: Affordable high-quality stay in DC area
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank r m
Cherry Hill, New Jersey
Reviewed 22 January 2012

We rely on the Hampton Inn chain to provide a good, moderately priced, hotel for an overnight stay, especially if a morning meeting is involved and a quick breakfast is desired. This hotel did not disappoint. The hotel was clean, the room was a nice size, the hotel staff was friendly and the location was convenient for our visit to the University of Maryland. Oh - and the fresh baked cookies when we arrived - certainly hit the spot. The hotel was easy to find, right off I-95. Breakfast was an easy in and out affair, with a good number of choices, and staff checking frequently to make sure that all items were well-stocked. Definitely satisfied.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank relax18
South Florida, Florida
Reviewed 22 December 2011

I have stayed here 3 more times since the last review and still very happy. For what a hampton inn is it is a very nice place to stay. The front desk staff couldn't be nicer or more helpful.. Last time I went for family weekend I brought my step daughters and 3 kids. The kids went swimming at 9 at night and loved it. Pool has a lifeguard and is small enough to keep an eye on them.
Breakfast is good.
Room are comforteable and clean.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank cheleNJ
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed 21 December 2011

I'm a big fan of Hampton Inns and always feel that they are a great value. This was no exception.

I arrived at almost one in the morning, and the front desk attendant was a little strange. Apparently, someone had just recently inquired about getting a room for them and all their pets, and he thought for some reason that I was also interested in keeping pets with me (I wasn't). After he realized that I was a registered guest, he was friendly and helpful.

After a quick check-in, I was directed to my room. The parking lot seemed small for the number of rooms, and I wonder if that is ever an issue during more crowded times. The room was clean and comfortable, which I always expect at Hampton, but a little dated. The furniture and art were unattractive, but the linens were the new white duvets. The bed was very comfortable. The bathroom provided enough room to get ready.

The next morning, the continental breakfast was typical Hampton Inn fare: tasty, but not outstanding. I was in a hurry though, so I had to grab a muffin and fruit and did not get to try the hot breakfast items.

The hotel was easy to get to from the Interstate and clean, comfortable, and a good value. Hampton Inn is always a safe bet, and this one did not disappoint.

1 Thank lcking82
Portland, Maine
Reviewed 16 December 2011

OK, so you pay a little extra for a Hampton, so naturally you expect a little more. This hotel is nice and it has a pretty reasonable price given the area, however, it has issues. Maybe I am being picky, but I thought you should know what I ran into so it might help you if you want to stay here. Overall pretty clean, a decent breakfast, and staff seemed polite and helpful. Issues- the first room I checked into the air conditioning did not work (room was very warm and you cannot open window- they gave me a new room); the bed not very comfortable; the in room safe broken; there was hair in the shower on the walls (gross!); the showerhead was broken (they fixed shortly after I called); toilet did not flush well and quickly clogged (room service did not unclog or clean it- I had to call for someone to come); the floor of the tub/shower is very slanted so most uncomfortable to stand up in (I know it’s the tub manufacturer, but bad choice for sure!); they only change the bedding every 4 days unless you call them to have changed (this is a cutback to help them save money); and since I am an early riser I did not run into this, but I heard people at front desk and in breakfast area complaining there was no hot water. This happened to my sister 3 weeks prior. How this happens at a hotel I don’t know.

3 Thank echit1
West Chester
Reviewed 15 December 2011

The hotel was in a good location for my dinner meeting in DC and my meeting in Silver Spring. Nice facility.

My room had a slow-flushing toilet that they fixed in moments. In-room refrigerator was noisy, so I unplugged it. HVAC (heat) was also noisy, so I switched it to fan only. Slept well after working past these defects.

Room Tip: High floor away from road
Also consider these accommodations in or near College Park
Days Inn College Park
Days Inn College Park
#9 of 11 in College Park
College Park Marriott Hotel & Conference Center

Been to Hampton Inn - College Park? Share your experiences!