“Very well run Hampton Inn”

Hampton Inn - College Park
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in College Park
Rochester, New York
“Very well run Hampton Inn”
Reviewed 23 May 2012

We recently stayed at the Hampton Inn at College Park, MD for 2 nights. Our room was clean and comfortable. Unfortunately, it was supposed to be a non-smoking room and it smelled strongly of smoke (to the point that our eyes burned). Also, the shower amounted to a trickle of water. What truly impressed me was the breakfast. The staff that keeps the breakfast area cleaned and stocked were amazing! On Monday morning the breakfast area was packed and yet the two women staffing the area made sure everything stayed spotless and they did not run out of everything. It is conveniently located for activities at UMD and we were glad that we stayed there.

Room Tip: As you can hear the bell on the elevator, I would request a room farther from the elevator.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank madreRochester

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Reviewed 18 May 2012 via mobile

Location is great, area is not. Regular Hamton type stay. Much better then others in area.

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank Wiseeye01
New York City, New York
Reviewed 25 April 2012

Multiple problems at this hotel, including broken bathroom door which was not fixed during our stay, and skeleton housecleaning staff which resulted in room not being cleaned until we complained at 5:00 p.m. Our room on the second floor was right next to all of the a/c compressors, which made an awful noise. Rooms are spacious and would be lovely if kept up (although no room should have a window that literally faces a bunch of a/c condensors). Breakfast absolutely awful...the worst I have had at a Hilton property...we went to the iHop next door the second day we were there. To top it off, I sent the manager an e-mail during our stay expressing our disappointment, and also called corporate. I did receive a credit for my stay, although I only found this out when looking up my bill as neither the manager nor anyone at the hotel bothered to contact me to apologize. (Perhaps he was busy as I heard multiple people complaining over the weekend about broken items in the room and about their rooms not being cleaned.) Frankly, I'd rather pay and have an excellent stay.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank 3kids4me
Everett
Reviewed 21 April 2012

I did not appreciate the holds placed on my account. Upon checking in, the evening shift manager asked for a card for incidentals. I told the manager there would be no incidentals and that I prefer not to provide a card for this purpose. I travel across the state I reside in for my employment and stay in hotels on an almost weekly basis. I NEVER provide a card for incidentals. The manager explained the hold would only be $10.00 so I obliged this what I feel is ridiculous request. Upon returning home, I find that there were two holds placed on my account. One for $10.00 and one for $40.00. FOR WHAT???????? This is precisely why I do not provide a card for this purpose! Apparently, the night shift manager placed the additional hold, WITHOUT MY KNOWLEDGE OR PERMISSION! I consider that theft and I certainly will not return. It is a shame because the hotel and room were clean and I have no other complaints but this one and would have made a return stay.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Charity B
Princeton, New Jersey
Reviewed 17 April 2012

Very convenient to UMD college park campus. Only complaint was that the fridge was not plugged in when we came and the card key was not working so I had to wait for the very slow elevator to get down to the lobby and get a new one at 11:30 PM (i was already very tired from a long drive).

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank LETROM
College Park, Maryland
Reviewed 19 March 2012

Stayed here for a week during Spring Break and were very pleased with our experience. The staff are outstanding - they went above and beyond on numerous occasions. At least two times I was heading to the elevator carrying items in both hands and a staff member who was cleaning floors or doing something else went out of their way to press the elevator buttons for me. The front desk staff stop what they are doing to greet guests and offer assistance throughout the day. Linens were clean, very good housekeeping standards. Bed was a little on the firm side but the pillows were nice and they were in the process of improving/upgrading the internet infrastructure so it will be faster. It was perfectly adequate for our needs throughout the week.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DCtrip12
Clarks Summit, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 19 February 2012

This was a quick overnight stay but I was pleased with the stay. Only negative I had was that the wireless in my room was slow but not unworkable. My best experience during the stay was with the guy at the front desk in the morning. Very good personality with a sense of humor and helpful. Everyone at the front desk was friendly and easy to work with.

Breakfast was good. They had hot oatmeal with brown sugar, nuts, and fruit to add to it which is a first for me at a Hampton. Nice touch.

Everything was clean and well maintained. I'll return to this hotel if I'm in the area again.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Days Inn College Park
Days Inn College Park
#9 of 11 in College Park
Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt

Been to Hampton Inn - College Park? Share your experiences!