“Nice hotel, convenient to DC”

Hampton Inn - College Park
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in College Park
Reviewed 29 June 2012

It is your typical Hampton - clean, nice people, decent breakfast, good value. This one is close to Univ of Maryland, and getting to a Metro station for the train ride to DC is a 5 minute drive, and you are on the Green Line. We were satisfied with our visit.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn - College Park

Reviewed 1 June 2012

Here's my story:

Told clerk upon check in I would only be staying 2 nights instead of 3. Said he would take care of it.

Later next day had to re-do room keys and was asked about check out date. They still had it wrong. They said they would fix it.

Later same day, called down to see if check out date was fixed. Nope. Was told manager would fix it first thing in the morning.

Checked out next day. Check out date still not fixed. Was told manager would call me later that day to assure me it was fixed. No call received.

Next day called to speak with manager to see if problem was fixed. Manager not available. Will call later today.

2 days later. Called again to speak with manager. Told manager will call back later. No call received.

2 days later. Desk clerk calls and says manager says I need to call Hilton to fix the problem.

I call Hilton. They take my complaint and say they will forward to hotel. They state I will get a response within 3 business days.

5 business days later. I call Hilton and again repeat my story. The say only the hotel can fix the problem. They wil call hotel and ask them to refund the charges (points) for the night not used. Again I ask them to have hotel manager to call me.

Hilton calls back. Says manager will refund and I will get a call back.

Not holding my breath that this saga is over.

WORST MANAGED HITLON CHAIN HOTEL I'VE EVER SEEN IN MY 8 YEARS BEING A DIAMOND MEMBER!

Room Tip: A tip to find a good room? LOOK ELSEWHERE!!!!!
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank fab3rd
Reviewed 23 May 2012

We recently stayed at the Hampton Inn at College Park, MD for 2 nights. Our room was clean and comfortable. Unfortunately, it was supposed to be a non-smoking room and it smelled strongly of smoke (to the point that our eyes burned). Also, the shower amounted to a trickle of water. What truly impressed me was the breakfast. The staff that keeps the breakfast area cleaned and stocked were amazing! On Monday morning the breakfast area was packed and yet the two women staffing the area made sure everything stayed spotless and they did not run out of everything. It is conveniently located for activities at UMD and we were glad that we stayed there.

Room Tip: As you can hear the bell on the elevator, I would request a room farther from the elevator.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank madreRochester
Reviewed 18 May 2012 via mobile

Location is great, area is not. Regular Hamton type stay. Much better then others in area.

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank Wiseeye01
Reviewed 25 April 2012

Multiple problems at this hotel, including broken bathroom door which was not fixed during our stay, and skeleton housecleaning staff which resulted in room not being cleaned until we complained at 5:00 p.m. Our room on the second floor was right next to all of the a/c compressors, which made an awful noise. Rooms are spacious and would be lovely if kept up (although no room should have a window that literally faces a bunch of a/c condensors). Breakfast absolutely awful...the worst I have had at a Hilton property...we went to the iHop next door the second day we were there. To top it off, I sent the manager an e-mail during our stay expressing our disappointment, and also called corporate. I did receive a credit for my stay, although I only found this out when looking up my bill as neither the manager nor anyone at the hotel bothered to contact me to apologize. (Perhaps he was busy as I heard multiple people complaining over the weekend about broken items in the room and about their rooms not being cleaned.) Frankly, I'd rather pay and have an excellent stay.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank 3kids4me
Reviewed 21 April 2012

I did not appreciate the holds placed on my account. Upon checking in, the evening shift manager asked for a card for incidentals. I told the manager there would be no incidentals and that I prefer not to provide a card for this purpose. I travel across the state I reside in for my employment and stay in hotels on an almost weekly basis. I NEVER provide a card for incidentals. The manager explained the hold would only be $10.00 so I obliged this what I feel is ridiculous request. Upon returning home, I find that there were two holds placed on my account. One for $10.00 and one for $40.00. FOR WHAT???????? This is precisely why I do not provide a card for this purpose! Apparently, the night shift manager placed the additional hold, WITHOUT MY KNOWLEDGE OR PERMISSION! I consider that theft and I certainly will not return. It is a shame because the hotel and room were clean and I have no other complaints but this one and would have made a return stay.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Charity B
Reviewed 17 April 2012

Very convenient to UMD college park campus. Only complaint was that the fridge was not plugged in when we came and the card key was not working so I had to wait for the very slow elevator to get down to the lobby and get a new one at 11:30 PM (i was already very tired from a long drive).

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
#8 of 12 in College Park
Clarion Inn
Clarion Inn
#9 of 12 in College Park

Been to Hampton Inn - College Park? Share your experiences!