“Great hotel and great location”

Hampton Inn - College Park
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in College Park
Mount Holly, New Jersey
“Great hotel and great location”
Reviewed 4 May 2014

I've stayed at this hotel multiple times over the past several years, and each time has been good. They have a nice indoor pool and a small exercise room with some treadmills. The hotel is well located near the 495 Beltway, and just a few minutes from the Greenbelt Metro station. There is plenty of retail nearby, including a supermarket and an Ikea. By car, its about 30 minutes to downtown DC on a weekend. Good breakfast buffet with a waffle station... but if you get tired of the buffet, there is an iHop right next door to the hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Mike K

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Unkind checkin person, pool only opened at night (I think 5-9), terrible beds - no sleep! We have almost exclusively stayed at Hampton our whole married life and this was the worst experience overall. Most of the staff was very kind and helpful. It was only the check-in staff that told me I could not check in because I put the reservation in my husband's name but I always do that when I travel with the kids alone. We love to swim and that was not an option with such limited hours. Finally, the worst part was the worn out mattresses that prevented me from sleeping most of the night due to back pain. I do have a sensitive back due to scoliosis so that is one of the major reasons we choose Hampton Inns. Those mattresses should have been replace a while back! We happened to stay at this location twice within 6 weeks and my back was killing me both times.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank 489davep
Hartford, CT
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Nice property right off the beltway. Front desk staff amazingly nice. We had room with 2 double beds which was much bigger by volume than what I would have expected. Ample parking. Adjacent to 24 hour IHop which is handy. Hotel is probably 15 minutes with traffic to UMD.

Free wifi and breakfast. Complimentary cookies and tea. Pool but not hot tub. Small but serviceable fitness room.

There are a lot of hotels in this neck of the woods. I'm happy we landed here.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank LawguyHartford_CT
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights in March and was very pleased. The front desk staff were very accommodating and friendly. The room was very clean and modern. I wondered if anyone had stayed in it prior to me. It was also a large room, which was nice.

The food was very good for breakfast, with eggs, sausage, fresh fruit, etc. well done by the cook staff.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
New Jersey
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Clean comfortable room, friendly and responsive staff. My daughter lives in College Park and we have stayed at this hotel every time we visit her. It is a great location right off of 495, easy access off and on.

Hartford, United States
Reviewed 1 April 2014

The staff was extremely nice and helpful. The breakfast was also very good. Nice selection. Plenty of parking. I made the reservation on line and somehow had two reservations. The front desk immediately cancelled the extra reservation. The staff always were courteous and friendly.

York, United States
Reviewed 31 March 2014

We were in town for a family function, we enjoyed our stay at the Hampton Inn, the location was convenient to Howard University which is where our event was, the hotel was very clean the staff was very friendly the beds were comfortable, the breakfast was good, it was better than a continental breakfast, we would stay here again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near College Park
Days Inn College Park
Days Inn College Park
#9 of 11 in College Park
College Park Marriott Hotel & Conference Center

Been to Hampton Inn - College Park? Share your experiences!