“Nice Staff, Overpriced small sandwiches”
Review of Fishnet

Fishnet
Ranked #11 of 114 Restaurants in College Park
Price range: US$11 - US$25
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 7 November 2013

This was my second visit to this restaurant in the past 6 months. First time my grilled salmon sandwich(no drink, no side) was $11. Good but very small and overpriced.

On this visit, I found the price was now up to $12 for a grilled fish sandwich. You could get a sandwich with a side and a drink for $15 !!!! (only 3 side selections available)
Now, think about what you can get to eat for $12 to $15 for seafood for lunch. I would say a lot more than here.

Don't get me wrong, the sandwich was good, but the salmon portion was small and laughable for $12. I was hungry 20 minutes after eating it.
Grilled fish is healthy, but it should not be this expensive. The fish portion should be twice the size it is.
I cannot imagine their overhead and wages are astronomical, given the size of the establishment and number of staff.
If you are rich, enjoy the $12 too small grilled fish. If not, go elsewhere. I am not rich, but thought perhaps things had changed for the better since my first visit, as in lower prices and a bigger portion.
I was told they are opening a new location in Washington, DC soon. Perhaps the fat cats there will not mind paying this price for a 4 ounce portion of fish.
Good food, rip off pricing.

Reviewed 1 November 2013

The food was good but pricy for what you got $12 for a sandwich should be an outstanding sandwich but it was average. I hope they make it but pricy for an out of the way haunt.

Reviewed 25 July 2013

Well reviewed, I had to try this backstreet bistro. The food was good if a little pricy. The atmosphere was severe in what must have been an old store of some sort. It is order at the counter, which can be somewhat confusing if you are not familiar with the menu. But the sandwiches were good. I had the soft shelled crab on Ciabatta bread. I just could not come to Maryland without soft shelled crab. My wife had the bluefish sandwich. The fries were hand cut and delicious. More than enough for one person. Would make a second visit if I ever get back in the area.

Reviewed 24 July 2013

Visited this place a while back with a friend of mine. I ordered a hake sandwich with aioli sauce and side of hand cut fries. The fries were great can't go wrong with fresh hand cut fries. The hake sandwiches was okay for $12 a sandwich needs to be outstanding.

Reviewed 24 July 2013

After having had "gut-buster" burgers the night before, we were looking for something a bit different, and we found it at Fishnet. The food was nicely prepared and tasty. I had the bluefish tacos and arugula salad, and my partner had the salmon sandwich and fries. We ordered our fish grilled (vs. fried). The food came promptly and hot (my "hot" button). Now there is an art to cooking fish, and the kitchen really got ours right: the fish was tender and moist, but cooked thru - I wish I could do that consistently... Here's the "but", or "buts": it was pretty expensive, and the ambience fairly shouted "waterfront dive." Mine was $18 and his was $15 (I had iced tea, he had water). Food was served on (compostable) paper plates, and utensils were (recyclable) plastic. I expect slightly more when I shell out that kind of money. And the service was indifferent. Might go back, but won't go out of my way.

1  Thank Fred P