Best Western Plus College Park Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
View Hotel
Quality Inn & Suites(College Park)
Econo Lodge(College Park)
View Hotel
All reviewswalking distancetaco bellpancake machinestreet sidebreakfast roomnewer hotelnice hotelparking lot isrecommend this hotelexcellent staywould stay here againrooms are spaciousfront desk stafffree breakfastconvenient locationbaltimore avenuebagels
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Wonderful convenient place to stay to visit Granddaughter at U of Md. and Grandson working in Washington D.C. Also made 2 trips to Baltimore same weekend. The hotel was spotless, rooms were large , TV. was large and electronically friendly. More convenient outlets to plug in breathing machine, telephones, Kindle , etc. than any 4 or5 star hotel I have stayed in. The free buffet breakfast was very nice and the breakfast room was pleasant.

Room Tip: Ask for room in back of hotel, very quiet .
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 September 2013

My friend and I stayed at BW College Park for 3 nights. We were visiting DC and chose to stay here because it was cheaper for us to stay in CP and take the Metro than to spend $200+/night at a DC hotel.

Positives:
- Spacious & clean bedroom and bathroom
- Nice desk/work area with plenty of electrical outlets
- High speed Internet
- 46" TV
- Microwave and refrigerator
- Never heard the other people staying on our floor
- Continental breakfast with a variety of choices
- Within walking distance of the University of Maryland

Negatives:
- Not within walking distance to the Metro (had to take a taxi or catch the bus, which got expensive)

Overall, this is a great hotel if you are spending time in College Park, but not if you're going into DC every day.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 September 2013

A big thank you to Kosa and Netta, the night desk clerks, who were every bit as helpful as a large hotel concierge. I am a single white woman in her late fifties and did NOT find the neighborhood sketchy. I was very comfortable and safe walking the 2-3 blocks in either direction from the hotel for a wide variety of eating opportunities at night....in the dark. This hotel's rooms are clean, large and every comfortable. I stayed in an odd-numbered room. These are not on Rt. 1 and are very quiet. Towels are thick and plentiful. Bed linens soft, and 4 regular sized pillows on my king-sized bed. The breakfast was real, not processed, scrambled eggs, apple pork breakfast sausage, and real home-style potatoes. Basic maybe, but I don't eat that way at home! An egg mcmuffin or croissanwich are a short walk away if you'd rather. There are many local restaurants that deliver, and their menus are all in the lobby. Mr. Patel, the owner, makes the guests feel as if they are inmhis own home. I will make this a regular stop when I'm in the college park area.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Principessa1956
Reviewed 18 September 2013

Very clean rooms, clean carpet, clean bathroom, comfortable bed with 4 pillows per bed, large tv, very nice continental breakfast!, small fridge, microwave, beautiful decor.
Cons: it was freezing as to adjust thermostat to warm couldn't seem to turn off, wifi was spotty initially but was then good thereafter.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank jerome b
Reviewed 4 September 2013

When you look at the pictures on the web site, it seems that the hotel is located in a quite spot until you get there. Not so. There is so much traffic, you have to wait for a few minutes to drive out on the street if you are leaving during rush hour. Now for the hotel. Good news, the hotel is very quiet if you ask for a room overlooking the parking lot. Very nice lobby, and there is a water cooler. Do not get back to the hotel after 10, parking is limited and you may have to park on the street beside the hotel. The walls and the floors need more padding. We had a very nice room, but someone was walking so hard on the floor above us that the room seemed to vibrate. But, the room was so nice that we tolerated the noise. The rooms are very big and I felt like I was in a mini suite, which was very nice, good size for a wheelchair person. The reservation desk staff was very nice and helpful. Very large tv and nice picture. The food was not so great, even though some people thought so. The eggs were crumbly, the link sausage was not brown. We only ate there one day out of a four day stay. We found an excellent restaurant called College Park Diner, which I highly recommend. Read my review on the diner. There are a lot of places to eat in walking distance of the hotel, because it's a college town (Maryland University) and security, so I felt safe. Overall, I would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: August 2013