“Nice Hotel in College Park, MD”

Best Western Plus College Park Hotel
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in College Park
Ashburn, United States
“Nice Hotel in College Park, MD”
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Newly remodeled and very nice. Lots of options in the College Park, MD area but only a couple really nice hotels. I would consider the Best Western one of those. Can't beat the price or the location. Very convenient to everything on campus. Only issue was parking but stayed during homecoming weekend so lots and lots of folks in town.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Turkish first
Rochester
Reviewed 23 October 2013

There were a lot of good things about the hotel. It was clean, the staff was friendly, the bed was comfortable, and the price was right. Complimentary hot and cold breakfast items were available, which were overall fine, though my daughter thought the pancakes that came out of the do-it-yourself machine were lacking in actual pancake flavor.

On the downside, the walls were on the thin side and it would be nice to be able to purchase sundries, but I'm told that's in the works. But my noteworthy complaint is an odd one. Our facial tissues were running low, so I asked for a new box, only to be told that the hotel does not supply tissues--the guests need to supply tissues themselves. I mentioned that there was actually a tissue box holder on the counter in the bathroom. No matter. The hotel simply does not provide tissues. For me, that was a first.

virginia
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Yes it is a new hotel and the rooms are very nice but the poor service would make me think twice before I returned.

We were called and asked if we were still coming. Yes I told them. They wanted to know if we would be there soon or by 6 pm because they wanted to resell our room. That was not a good first impression. We rearranged our day to get there by 6 worried they were going to give our room away. We checked in but did not go to our room as we were helping our daughter move into an apartment and were not done helping her.

We arrived back at the hotel around 10:30 pm. There was NO parking available and we had to park on a curb and hope for the best. Upon arrival at our room there was a "Do Not Disturb" sign on the door and we heard people in the room so we went back down to the front desk to let them know. The desk clerk went up to the room while we waited in the lobby, and said yes it looked like someone had been in the room and asked if we were sure we hadn't gone in the room. No we had not. Finally she gave us a new room. No I'm sorry, nothing. Just irritated with us.

I usually love a Best Western Plus and a new hotel, but I'm not sure I would return as there are other hotels in the area.

4 Thank tikihutmom
Morganton, United States
Reviewed 20 October 2013

This wasn't the first BW we have stayed in but it was by far the best. The newness is still evident. The location was excellent for both going into D.C. on the Metro (only 1.5 miles to the Greenbelt station) and to John Hopkins University Science Lab campus (less than twenty miles). The rooms were very clean, the beds comfortable, the TV large and the Wi-Fi acceptable. You could find a better breakfast at a nice restaurant but would pay quite a bit more for it. Nice selection of food. We will definitely stay here again when returning to the D.C. area.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business

College Park, United States
Reviewed 20 October 2013

The outside of the building didn't look like a hotel. Red brick - squarish building, but it was in keeping the the University of Maryland. Rooms were very nice and beds were firm and very comfortable. Breakfast was excellent. Located in a good place for reaching either Washington DC or other parts of Maryland.

New york, United States
Reviewed 15 October 2013

New hotel in hotel starved College Park area did not deliver. Beds/pillows are crippling, parking lot inadequte for number of guests, food inadequate for number of guests. Impossible to make left turn to get to UMD entrance from hotel lot. Unless you feel like walking, stay somewhere else.

3 Thank Stephanie F
Moosic, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 14 October 2013

I read good reviews about this Best Western Plus on Trip Advisor, so I booked it. I was pleasantly surprised when I arrived in my room. The room was spotless and new. Plenty of towels were supplied and the room was equipped with a refrigerator and microwave. Great location. Right near College Park( 0.2 miles) and close to Washington and Baltimore. Easy access to interstate 95. Plenty of eateries. Nice small breakfast included! Will definitely stay again and again. Definitely the cleanest and most comfortable hotel I've stayed in around that area.

Room Tip: "I kept an eye on my car from the third floor"