“Disgustingly dirty and horrible food”

Moose Creek Steak House
Ranked #7 of 113 Restaurants in College Park
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 23 May 2012

We ate at Moose Creek when bringing our son back to college. Our waitress greeted us, took drink orders and disappeared never to return to our table. We had to ask the hostess to find us a waiter and eventually ( 45 min. later) we were able to order. The restaurant was dirty. People were eating with their hands off of the salad bar (Yuck!). The food was not good and we will never go back

1  Thank madreRochester
HICP, General Manager at Moose Creek Steak House, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2012

We are so sorry that we did not meet your expectations on service in our establishment. We unfortunately did not see anyone eating with their hands off our buffet, rest assure we do not allow this as a regular practice in our restaurant. We are trying to re-train and re-focus the staff in exceeding all customers’ service expectations. We apologize for letting you down.

Reviewed 6 March 2012

This restaurant is attached to the hotel. The servers were exceptionally nice each time we were in.

Thanks for your kind words towards our staff in your visit to our restaurant. We are so glad that they made you feel welcomed and enhanced your dining experience. We appreciate that you choose our establishment and hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed 6 November 2011

While we did enjoy the food, the service was not great, the decor needs updating (badly) and the whole place at a feel like it was once great but now running itself into the ground.

1  Thank KrysH

We are pleased that you enjoyed the food on your visit to our restaurant. The service however we fell short and apologize that we failed to meet your expectations. We are re-training the staff and hope that if you do return that you will be able to see the difference in our service culture.

We welcome your feedback as it helps us to get better for you and our other customers.
Thanks again and sorry we fell short on your visit.

Reviewed 5 November 2010

I ordered a steak, I think it was a ribeye at the Moose Creek Steak House a while ago. The price wasn't too bad, but definitely more than the meal was worth. The salad bar was tiny, very little selection of anything, and the steak was probably the lowest quality i've ever seen at an actual steakhouse anywhere on the east coast. It wasn't overcooked or anything, just really low quality meat, like what I would expect McDonalds to have if they served steak. My girlfriend had fish, which was also terrible. The sides that came with our meals were also not very good. There was hardly anyone working when we were there so it took forever for them to do anything. I live in the apartments right next to the restaurant but will never be eating there again. In the future when I want a steak that's good, and doesn't cost $100 I will drive the extra few minutes to the Outback Steakhouse in Hyattsville. I'd also recommend the Red Rock Canyon Grille in downtown Silver Springs to anyone reading this, it's not too pricy and is always amazing.

1  Thank sgtevancole

Sorry for the experience you had in our restaurant. We actually have a good beef program with the vendors who do several high end restaurants in the State of Maryland. The product we serve is a 21 day aged product a step higher than your chain restaurants that are serving a 14 day aged product in our market. We either somehow got a bad product or did not cook it to bring out the best in that cut of beef.

We did not put our best foot forward but we will resolve any quality or service failures that affected your visit to our restaurant.

Reviewed 26 April 2009

This is located in the Holiday Inn. Which for guests of the hotel, this is the place that "Kids Eat Free" We arrived on Easter Sunday after a long drive from Maine. Hoping to get a burger and some fries we went down to the restaurant. I asked if kids ate free, just to make sure and was told that they did, just not that day. All they had was the buffet which the kids didn't get to eat free. We were hungry and tired so we stayed. My oldest son is very picky, so he put a piece of cheese and a small bunch of grapes on his plate. My youngest found a few things he liked. I asked the waitress again if there was anyway my oldest could have something else and she said the cook had gone home. So I was charged $14.99 for my sons grapes and cheese and his drink. My bill, that I waited 20 minutes for after we were finished eating was for $65. $10 of it was for the gratuities that our waitress DID NOT earn. Too tired to argue I decided to pay the bill and just leave.... I waited 10 more minutes for her to come get my credit card so I could pay... I finally gave up and charged it to my room. I don't usually complain but this is one time I was disgusted by the whole thing. The slow service and lack of general customer service was horrible. The Prime Rib was good, just not good enough to put up with all of that again.... Happy ending to my review.... When I checked out of the hotel on Friday, the desk clerk refunded the cost of my oldest sons grapes and cheese.....

1  Thank rdsmom98

We can only apologize for the poor service you received in our establishment. We will continue our re-training and focus on customer service with our associates. Sorry we failed and let you down, but glad the Front Desk recognized the failure and fixed it upon your departure. Thanks for your feedback as it is valuable to share with our staff and try to get better for all of our customers.